• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

5th Annual Ousemeister Barbel Challenge, 4th September, 2010

I'll donate a tenner to the trophy pot if I pick up the same one again!!!

To be honest, it was a nice swim for sunbathing and sandcastle building though!!

Cheers!

I couldn't possibly comment as I wouldn't want to give away my tactics, but how many did you catch last year?

...silence...

Exactly!

Suspense is killing me too. I fished just downstream on friday. I fished for for 4 hours well into darkness for my 3rd blank on the Ouse in a fortnight. Hard going at the moment for me.

Well done Patrick on a great three fish catch.
Showed the 'old uns'a trick or two.
Really enjoyed the company and day, shame I did not catch from the flyer.
Big thanks to DNA BAITS for the samples,took mine to a match on the Tidal Ouse on Sunday and I set what we think may be a new river match record with 68lb 10 oz of skimmers and Bream.If you dont think Bream fight give the 5lbers a go on the tidal on match gear.
Thanks to Mike and Robin for organising the event.
Ken

Hey Ken

Great result on Sunday - I really must come and learn a thing or two from you. Shame it wasn't happening on Saturday!

Tommy picture to follow...!

R.

Funnily enough Geoff the banker peg was the same peg that I found all by myself the previous Wednesday. I must be getting better at picking em ;) Which of course is nice to know.

I won't give up though, I quite like the river.

These 3 fish were not barbel I bet, if they were I would like to enquire if Patrick does guiding, be nice to get the Ouse monkey off my back :)

Lots of Pike moving around Geoff you are right there, me and my mate Ricky have vowed to take the pike gear next time there's a right lump just upstream of the 'flyer'.

Brilliant result Ken - well done!

Conrad

Last edited:
The Trophy-winning Tommy

A fine specimen:
4962799213_b5037a5b59_b.jpg

Robin
I have just been doing a lateral line scale count,and it would seem to me that the 'Tommy' is not a true specimen and is in fact probaly a ruffe/bullhead hybrid.Hence its small size and pale colours.
I shall be asking the competion officals to declare the result as void and think in the best interests of Angling you return the trpophy prior to engraving.
I have also been contacted by the York Evening Press and been asked about allegations of bribes and people being paid to fish with bare hooks so the result of the tommy match can be fixed for betting purposes.
I did notice the passing of money in the pub.
Have you any comment on these allegations?
Ken

Well Robin the picture of the '' Bullruffe '' that you put up must be very small as I can't see it !.I clicked on the thing and it just says 'default' . I won't say anymore as this could get ugly ....

Back