• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

2013 season

John Walker

well good fishing wishes to all as the last couple od days countdown begins,
stomach stirring, cant sleep for thinking of the river, laying out yer gear for the umpteenth time, driving the missus barmy with yer mutterings and shuffling around:D yes lets thank the close season for all the anticipation, refreshed bankside greenery,and wildlife
GOOD WISHES FOR 2013 SEASON:):):)

Yes John im going through all that and more Matey:mad: Have a good one John and enjoy...:)

The anticipation of the new season that I first felt as a fledging angler in short trousers still gets me every year and don't think it will ever wain . Fishing is magic :D

I understand from a friend there were 3 bivvies’ in peg 1 at Cromwell Weir yesterday. Roll on October and I can put the Barbel gear in the loft and get the pike gear out. On a brighter note I have just found out there is a fair head of Tench in one of a group of lakes that I am a syndicate member of, along with decent perch, roach, dace in the interconnecting stream and proper wild carp. I simply have to do the first day on a river though god only knows why but then the Barbel gear may well not see the light of day for another 12 months.

And I need a good woman
to make me feel like a good man should
I don't say I'm a good man
Oh, but I would be if I could

Some fine sentiments, though it looks as if waterproofs (rather than short trousers) will be the order of the day. Good luck to all who venture out over the first few days. I've left the sorting of the tackle out until the very last minute; I get very maudlin tinkering with reels, etc when I can't use them (on rivers).

I notice this is a duplicate of the 'A short note' thread and was posted 10 minutes after the original, any chance the mods could merge the two and delete this duplicate?

Personally, I think the start should be delayed for a couple of weeks...then I might get a chance of joining you lovely lot :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

The anticipation of the new season that I first felt as a fledging angler in short trousers still gets me every year and don't think it will ever wain . Fishing is magic :D
Spot on Mike
- probably see you on the Ouse this year at some point as she has now elevated into one of my feature rivers for this year after been left fallow for two seasons.

Sat tying rigs and looking out the window it looks and feels more like March 16th,the feeling and anticipation never wanes but the difference is 30 years ago you'd be sat in a teeshirt at 11.59 pm.

Good luck one and all, may your season be full of tugs and pulls ;-)
Be lucky
Derren

5 mins to go, off to bed now, nighty night and good luck all, looking forward to the catch reports and photos in the morning

First barbel on the bank for the new season 11lb 3oz. Good luck to all who are out.

Back