• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

14lb 11oz Lower Severn Barbel dream come true

Congratulations on a truly amazing barbel Dale! She's in great shape and perfect condition :)

I put your photo on the homepage. Apologies if this came a surprise. There is a note on the gallery intro that says:

"Please note that by submitting a photo, you automatically grant Barbel Fishing World permission to use the image on other areas of BFW and its social networks."

I hope you continue to post photos of your catches...

Cheers,

Andy
I’ve given my head a quick wobble, that was super efficient and caught me by surprise. Thank you should I get lucky again I’ll happily share, I stupidly thought it was already here before I arrived.

No problem Dale, I just happened to see the timings of the gallery submission, the time of your post, and the time that the home page was updated - it all occured in a small time frame, in less time that it likely took to play your excellent double :D

Wow that was quick I do apologise, I must admit to having a good look around the forum last night. I last visited several years ago and to be completely honest it wasn’t a nice experience. I unfortunately carried this forward when re visiting, please accept my apologies. I will approach the forum anew, it was far too long ago to matter.

It’s a far more civilised place than FB Dale, I will say that.

Stunning fish that. Congratulations.

Well done Dale as a Lower man I can appreciate just how you feel. This place has changed, although for the better it has got just a bit stale of late, I am afraid Bite Alarms past and present is not for me;) But what does.... is a lump like that and a bloke so made up he is actually laughing and not staring wistfully at it's dorsal.
It's what we do.
Welcome back.

some great fish live in the river Severn .and there's one there . just shows if you spend enough time on the bank you will catch eventually.

It’s been tough the last couple of seasons, work/home dictates fishing. I work in Gloucester 5 days a week fishing overnight 2/3 of them after and before work 6pm to 5am, then it’s back home to the missus for the weekend. But fairs fair I’m away all week.

Back