• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13 th ?[ umpteenth ]Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 2018 - Yorkshire Ouse , Newton on Ouse 22/9/2018

Mike i may have a chance to arrange a return to this prestigious event. Would it be possible to attend at such short notice? Wont commit to food as i can't guarantee.l

Paul,

I'm sure that will be fine, unless we get a last minute surge of interest (I think we limit at 20).

I say "we" as if I have much to do with organising this - I don't really any more, it's Mike who does all the work. Thank you Mike!

R.

Paul,

I'm sure that will be fine, unless we get a last minute surge of interest (I think we limit at 20).

I say "we" as if I have much to do with organising this - I don't really any more, it's Mike who does all the work. Thank you Mike!

R.
No problem Paul , your name is on the list

I dusted this off today:

Dp0TGHUutxHsOfXKzc2QFHwSzk9wFtxBLDtf6tsTD72naDXXma7vgFnkal3YqrXmqpVvHRb3FlM2Uc1CNqCkazHOpHFG9EWb5TU0EEXEDxdPOIVVEoBLMLdSGVM3xHEvEv--7jNqhgs=w808-h1077-no

I shall be defending it vigorously :)

R.

Mike/robin. Sadly the chance of attending has been cruelly snatched away and I can now no longer attend. Sorry men. Hopefully I will return

After my Barbel blank last year I feel it's time I take this Tommy challenge seriously!! Game on!! ;)
Quite a rarity on the Ouse nowadays, i grew up in York, so fished the Ouse from a very young age, at one time you would get one every cast, especially on worm, we loved them as youngsters, as we were catching fish. But sadly along with the Eel, they seem to have disappeared now.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. Forecast heavy rain in that area for Thursday, so hopefully will have put some fresh in the Ouse, be nice if it`s running off Saturday.

might be a bit too good ive been advised its 2 metres up and rising . I will put on an update when I get down to the river in the morning

Back