• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

13 th ?[ umpteenth ]Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 2018 - Yorkshire Ouse , Newton on Ouse 22/9/2018

Mike Hodgkiss

Well boys and girls , it will soon be time for our annual Ousemeisters get together . This year the event will be held on the 22/9/ 2018 on the Newton AC stretch at Cherryfields . Meet up at 12 midday , fish 1-7 then retire to the Black Horse in Tollerton for food and ale . The event is limited to 20 attendees to give everyone reasonable room ,so its first come first served . For those not aware this is not a fishing match per se , no keepnets , weighing in etc just a fun event to see who can catch the biggest barbel and lift the much coveted Ousemeisters barbel trophy , also prizes for longest gudgeon , biggest Tommy Ruffe , ugliest Burbot etc . Entry fee is £6 . If you wish to attend E mail me on mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com ,or post on this thread , please no PM's on BFW , I will also need to know if you wish to eat afterwards so I can book tables . All are welcome , it's a great day out .

Last edited:
Interested Mike, but not certain if I will be in the UK, so I will keep my eye on the thread and update when I know what is happening.

Dave

I'll be working off the west coast I'm afraid. Hoped to get cover but not looking promising.

I will ask for a lieu day as usual or come straight from work! Put me down please Mike and for food after.
Thanks
Dave

Unfortunately can't come this year Mike, we go to Spain the following day, so packing and house jobs will need doing.
Good luck to all who fish.

Well boys and girls , it will soon be time for our annual Ousemeisters get together . This year the event will be held on the 22/9/ 2018 on the Newton AC stretch at Cherryfields . Meet up at 12 midday , fish 1-7 then retire to the Black Horse in Tollerton for food and ale . The event is limited to 20 attendees to give everyone reasonable room ,so its first come first served . For those not aware this is not a fishing match per se , no keepnets , weighing in etc just a fun event to see who can catch the biggest barbel and lift the much coveted Ousemeisters barbel trophy , also prizes for longest gudgeon , biggest Tommy Ruffe , ugliest Burbot etc . Entry fee is £6 . If you wish to attend E mail me on mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com ,or post on this thread , please no PM's on BFW , I will also need to know if you wish to eat afterwards so I can book tables . All are welcome , it's a great day out .
Richard and James Morris will be attending and we would like food please...

Sorry cannot make it Mike, we will be on holiday. Must try to get my better half to avoid September next year.
Mike T

Update . Confirmed attendees . Robin Bowes , Mike Hodgkiss, Mark Dyer ,Harry Crosby , David Maddison, Richard Morris ,James Morris,Robert Fisher ,Greg Mellor , Peter Mellor, Gregs mate Jonny ,[ sorry Jonny can't remember your surname] 1 possible, David Craine . Robert and Jonny can you advise a.s.a.p as to whether you require food or not as I need to book the tables. thanks . We will meet up at 12 midday , on the back Lane in Newton on Ouse , parking on the grass verge , it's marked parking . Postcode for sat navs YO30 2BN . The top of the fishery is 5 mins walk from the car park , bottom of fishery is about 15 mins walk . If anyone has mobility difficulties I can arrange for parking at the fishery entrance but vehicles cannot be taken on the fishery itself . Prize for the winner a split cane rod refurbished by myself + shield[ Greg , don't forget to bring the shield with you ] , shield for the best Tommy Ruffe + prize , prize for the best gudgeon .Re gudgeon and Ruffe prizes , these will be judged by length so don't forget your rulers ! Top prize is for the biggest Barbel by weight, if nobody catches a barbel then it will be won by the heaviest specimen of any other fish as compared to the british record , gudgeon and Ruffe excluded . Ugliest burbot wins a magnum of Bollinger . Look forward to meeting you all .If anyone else wants to attend please post on here a.s.a.p. or send me an e mail ,mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com

Last edited:
Update . Confirmed attendees . Robin Bowes , Mike Hodgkiss, Mark Dyer ,Harry Crosby , David Maddison, Richard Morris ,James Morris,Robert Fisher ,Greg Mellor , Peter Mellor, Gregs mate Jonny ,[ sorry Jonny can't remember your surname] 1 possible, David Craine . Robert and Jonny can you advise a.s.a.p as to whether you require food or not as I need to book the tables. thanks . We will meet up at 12 midday , on the back Lane in Newton on Ouse , parking on the grass verge , it's marked parking . Postcode for sat navs YO30 2BN . The top of the fishery is 5 mins walk from the car park , bottom of fishery is about 15 mins walk . If anyone has mobility difficulties I can arrange for parking at the fishery entrance but vehicles cannot be taken on the fishery itself . Prize for the winner a split cane rod refurbished by myself + shield[ Greg , don't forget to bring the shield with you ] , shield for the best Tommy Ruffe + prize , prize for the best gudgeon .Re gudgeon and Ruffe prizes , these will be judged by length so don't forget your rulers ! Top prize is for the biggest Barbel by weight, if nobody catches a barbel then it will be won by the heaviest specimen of any other fish as compared to the british record , gudgeon and Ruffe excluded . Ugliest burbot wins a magnum of Bollinger . Look forward to meeting you all .If anyone else wants to attend please post on here a.s.a.p. or send me an e mail ,mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com
Great stuff, really looking forward to meeting everybody. Many thanks for making all the arrangements Mike.

Mike i may have a chance to arrange a return to this prestigious event. Would it be possible to attend at such short notice? Wont commit to food as i can't guarantee. Cheers

Paul

Back