• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chasing chub....

Smashed my pb with this 7lb14oz chub yesterday, it also broken my landing net, well Korum one, so I know this day will come. But still over the moon.
IMG_3202.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg

Smashed my pb with this 7lb14oz chub yesterday, it also broken my landing net, well Korum one, so I know this day will come. But still over the moon.
View attachment 28194View attachment 28195
Monster great job look at the girth on it👏. I had no scales with me yesterday but I was shocked by just how wide and deep chub can get relative to the length of them. I was trying to draw simalies with bass but I don't think its woks they are denser.
I Won't post my chub success yesterday now 😆😜.
All relative to the river your fishing ultimately. My best picture/video is the release.

Monster great job look at the girth on it👏. I had no scales with me yesterday but I was shocked by just how wide and deep chub can get relative to the length of them. I was trying to draw simalies with bass but I don't think its woks they are denser.
I Won't post my chub success yesterday now 😆😜.
All relative to the river your fishing ultimately. My best picture/video is the release.
Yes, they can be very wide and deep, maybe we should call it fat😝.

It’s all about the river, Thames is no short of big chub, just need a bit of luck to find them.

I had a few hours on the river today hoping to christen the new drennan acolyte 14ft specimen float rod which I picked up a couple of weeks back.
Anyhow I did catch some fish with the rod, although nothing big enough to test it's metal properly. I caught a few chub of around a pound and a half to two pounds, a few average dace and two small barbel of around 3lb or so.
It felt absolutly freezin cold stood mid river in a northerly wind and I released all the fish where I was stood, although I wished i'd gone to the back and photo'd the first barbel caught with the rod ....too late now.
The 14ft rod felt great, as with tye 13 footer i'm looking forward to catching some more substantial fish with it.

Back