• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

IMG-20210825-WA0008.jpg
Hamps Avon

One could ask how you got on there to take that shot, unless it’s from winter when the sunrise is much later? My club book states that fishingcommencs at 07:30 and night fishing is only allowed above the top (Great) weir. Am I missing something?

Dave

One could ask how you got on there to take that shot, unless it’s from winter when the sunrise is much later? My club book states that fishingcommencs at 07:30 and night fishing is only allowed above the top (Great) weir. Am I missing something?

Dave
I was fishing within the rules of the ticket in my possession at the time. Hope this helps.

When the weather is not too hot we like to take a cycle ride down to the Lot valley. Electric assisted bikes as it's a long haul uphill coming home to the high Causses du Quercy!

Half way down we have this view over the river valley, Calvignac and Larnagol either side of the river. As usual, you struggle to see the river for the trees!

Cycle ride valley.jpg

A short ride downstream to the weir, view upstream.......

C. weir upstream.jpg

and view downstream....

C.weir downstream.jpg

and a panorama shot....

C.Weir panorama.jpg

I have fished this weir several times now, have been told it holds big barbel. So far the score is - no barbel, one 13lb carp and two carp lost!

Lovely cycle ride but, even with electric motors, a hard 30 minute climb back to Limogne en Quercy!

Back