• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spopper wanted

Would you consider them to be well made Vince . I've seen some on ebay for nearly double that price , for which i don't mind paying . I wanna order a few different sizes and weights , just need to know they're gonna last thanks .
What I liked about them is that he upgraded plastic bits to stainless and put a quality stainless swivel on it. I've not used it yet but it looks robust enough to me.

Mine has just arrived (ordered on Monday) I was going to make one but for £15 (he'll take an offer) + £3.50 postage I couldn't be bothered.
The smaller one can be cast with a barbel rod (he uses his 1.75lb) but the bigger (£18 one) needs a spod rod.
Mine's red
Glad mine’s not red Vince....i’m a Spurs supporter 😆😆

Managed to buy a couple of the midi sized ones on ebay from a guy called Rob who goes under the name of sallydines . They're £28 including packaging but have to say these things do look like they're built to last . You can add an additional weight which comes with each one which can be made to suit your needs . All in all they do look the part and can clearly see alot of thought has gone into the materials used .

Got one off t-ebay, for £16.00 waiting to road test, still use my old ugly stick beachcaster for casting droppers that I bought years ago from Christmas tips as a postie, ( strongest tubular rod in the world apparently), why folks buy extra spod rods I don't know !

I use a well battered 3.5lb+ carp rod that I found up a tree. I was stalking some nice looking barbel on the Teme and crept under a bush to get into a casting position. I was just about to swing a bait out when, looking up to avoid tangling rod tip with overhead branches, I spotted a rod and reel about 8ft off the ground. Some carper-wally must have taken his eye off his rod, and ....then it was gone :D Happened regularly on the Teme, I once saw a guy lose his rod, reel, and tripod (tripod, on the Teme!!) at Eardiston. I actually looked after his gear whilst he went over to Ludlow or Tenbury and bought new stuff. He came back with what should have been a 3-piece 12 footer, but had obviously left the middle section behind in the shop. Not his day (maybe he's reading this now and remembering that sesh :D )

Christophe in now currently designing a new set I believe these may even get commercially produced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200220-151648_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200220-151648_Facebook.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 367
Christophe in now currently designing a new set I believe these may even get commercially produced.
Please keep us posted on this Clive. Although I now have one it’ll be good to see this if it is produced 👍

Glad mine’s not red Vince....i’m a Spurs supporter 😆😆
#1 son received his earlier this week, like me a Spurs supporter, his is RED!!! At least it gave me a good laugh the only thing that brightened my day after the Norwich result of the other evening :mad:

Anyone checked out the 'delivered volume' of these Spoppers, and any news of full commercial production? (sure CV19 will have slowed progress down though)

Anyone checked out the 'delivered volume' of these Spoppers, and any news of full commercial production? (sure CV19 will have slowed progress down though)
Regret mine hasn’t been used yet Terry. I’m sure someone will come up with some info

I’m gonna make some up to keep me entertained.
They will be done nicely and finished properly.
Not sure what they’ll be at yet but I’ll probably flog afew I’ll let you know once I get started. Probably a couple of weeks or so.

I’m gonna make some up to keep me entertained.
They will be done nicely and finished properly.
Not sure what they’ll be at yet but I’ll probably flog afew I’ll let you know once I get started. Probably a couple of weeks or so.
I reckon you, @Richard Isaacs, should receive the nomination as the official BFW Spopper maker. :p Put my name down for one (let us know weights/delivered volumes eh).

I reckon you, @Richard Isaacs, should receive the nomination as the official BFW Spopper maker. :p Put my name down for one (let us know weights/delivered volumes eh).
No problem Terry. You can gladly had the first one that rolls off my bench.
I’m starting out with reasonably large ones, I’ve ordered 4 large cheapo spombs.
I wont know the weight till after I fill it with lead.
I’ll do something a little different and offer them in a sensible colour. (Green, brown, black) if I’m feeling adventurous I may do a camo one made up of all 3.

No problem Terry. You can gladly had the first one that rolls off my bench.
I’m starting out with reasonably large ones, I’ve ordered 4 large cheapo spombs.
I wont know the weight till after I fill it with lead.
I’ll do something a little different and offer them in a sensible colour. (Green, brown, black) if I’m feeling adventurous I may do a camo one made up of all 3.

I would like one please Richard - not too fussed which colour.

I would like one please Richard - not too fussed which colour.
The cheap spombs in standard form come in pretty crappy colours. White, red, blue etc.
I’ll make them and colour them to people’s preferences.
They are gonna come out roughly at £20-22 posted which sees me with a couple of pints per item.

Back