• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Zander

Early start and a couple of Zander on the LS.

Then of course, which I blame on Richard. .....
A pike about 8lb that leapt out of the water about 3ft twice!
20220805_075956.jpg
20220805_075809.jpg

Never caught a zander before but armed with info gleaned from this thread I decided it was about time I got out there. Blanked on my first session and was pestered by eels. Not disheartened, I returned the next day and managed this cracker of 10lb 6oz. Thanks BFW
A double for your first one. Very nicely done!

Thanks Dave, I had a fabulous week, really enjoyed it and it exceeded my expectations.

Enjoyed it so much I will be heading back next year - this time to try a stretch of the 7 recommended by Steve Hodges
Well following a thoroughly enjoyable visit to Worcestershire and my first ever zander last year I was back for a two day visit this year.

Unfortunately the rivers were going out of sorts and I spent the day on the Severn Monday without a bite. With both the Severn and Avon rising rapidly by Monday night I opted for Uckinghall Pool on the Tuesday.

With brilliant sunshine I thought my chances would be limited but ended up with three zs all between 4 and 5lb.

I would like to thank Steve Hodges for his recommendation on where to fish on the Severn.

20221122_133615.jpg

Back