• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Memberships.

I was on 5, but dropped to 4 for this season. Going to concentrate on the Upper Trent this summer I think, with a few mid sevs to break up the blanks. Lower Sev will grab my attention in Autumn time, as always.

Just the two for me, Ringwood and that middle Avon syndicate. These cover all my river fishing needs handsomely with the syndicate also offering some solitude and beautiful surroundings which almost defeat the need to catch anything, although I am still trying!

Dave

Ten for me this year, I get bored easily fishing the same waters! Mainly inexpensive small club waters and a couple of people have seen fit to give me a couple of freebies. Total outlay around £300, my local Championship golf course charges guests £250 for a weekend 18 holes and is fully booked for 2022, puts it into perspective.

Just the two for me this year. Dropped my two carp syndicates and for the first time in 24 years I've not got a Gt Ouse ticket. Moved a bit further away and due to the nature of my work I'm restricted to local short evenings and dawn at weekends once harvest is over.
Will miss 2023 spring tench fishing but that's a problem for future Dan!

One of the problems is that probably two of mine, Once left, would be hard to get back into.
Next season, God willing, will drop the long distance ones apart from the Trent.
For the first time joined an expensive stillwater one. That 10lb tench is still desired.

As others say.....got my winter trotting ones, my barbel ones, my roach ones etc. Variety.
I'll be on 6 clubs this season.

But if it wasn't for the fact about two weeks ago, I found a water that has really big barbel within its waters & with good back up fish, plus 3 different 9lb plus chub within its waters. My club tickets would of only of stretched to 3 this year.😂

4 club waters and a syndicate lake complex for me, like others 2 of the club tickets I am loathe to give up as getting back in is a very long wait!
I have quite an amusing anecdote about one of my club books….a local one I would fish with friends as a young lad, never bought a ticket and was regularly chased off by the bailiff. One day he confronted us and said he’ll make a deal with us as he’s tired of always chasing us off; the deal being that he will leave us alone if we promise to always buy a ticket when we start working….that was about 35 yrs ago and I’ve kept to my word and bought a ticket ever since I was 18. Some seasons I don’t even fish it…..I’m just too scared when I go over to the other side he’ll start chasing me again 😂

3 for me club waters with enough river lakes and canals to go at, for about £130.00 plus fishing licence , so still relatively cheap and plenty of totally free estuary and sea fishing and some free rivers that are a punt as well.

The same two as Dave C above for me. Been fishing them for over forty years now and usually catch something decent on my three or four week long trips per year. On the Avon syndicate in particular there are some huge barbel and chub although they are not easy.

I have 2 one local free lifetime and 1 thats a 300 mile round trip each time but its my fav :cool:

4 club waters and a syndicate lake complex for me, like others 2 of the club tickets I am loathe to give up as getting back in is a very long wait!
I have quite an amusing anecdote about one of my club books….a local one I would fish with friends as a young lad, never bought a ticket and was regularly chased off by the bailiff. One day he confronted us and said he’ll make a deal with us as he’s tired of always chasing us off; the deal being that he will leave us alone if we promise to always buy a ticket when we start working….that was about 35 yrs ago and I’ve kept to my word and bought a ticket ever since I was 18. Some seasons I don’t even fish it…..I’m just too scared when I go over to the other side he’ll start chasing me again 😂
Great story!

Ten for me this year, I get bored easily fishing the same waters! Mainly inexpensive small club waters and a couple of people have seen fit to give me a couple of freebies. Total outlay around £300, my local Championship golf course charges guests £250 for a weekend 18 holes and is fully booked for 2022, puts it into perspective.
And that's the rub. I'm a member of three. BAA which is £40, the other two both cost me circa £200 each

Only 2 for me.

Pride of Derby renewed which i've held for about 3 seasons now.

And just joined Newark Pisc as an associate member after becoming endeared with the East Stoke section after a match last year and a friend is also a member. Plus i can take people along on a guest ticket :D

Other than that i'll likely day ticket the Trent at Fiskerton and Hoveringham.

Will be 3 eventually once i get to the top of the Ashfield Angling waiting list, only another 2 or 3 years 😆
I'm on the waiting list as well, about 300 places in front of you, so still 2 years to wait I'm guessing!

Other than that I have 4 memberships to cover most types of fishing

Back