• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Whats your PB?

How big is your PB?

• Total voters

Chris Cheshire

I thought it would be interesting to get an idea of people's PB's.

Not interested in rivers, years or anything like that....

Mines 15,11
River Nene.
3FABAC78-48BD-4DEB-9407-4535BCA9B794.jpeg

Be interesting but as Richard says it's so subjective and relative to location.
A Swale double is a rare creature. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 doubles a season. Nil so far. - a 12lber is a fish of a lifetime
Go South for an hour to the Trent and they probably wouldn't bother weighing a fish that small.
Not saying that Trent fish are easy or Swale doubles are an elitist pursuit it's just how it is.

14.10 from a quiet stretch of the Middle Trent. It was a red letter day and a half. Had a 12.5 first cast which fell just 2oz short of my then PB. Then later in the afternoon I smashed by PB with a 13.11, then a hour into dark I had a 14.10. I really don't thing I'll ever have a day like that again.

I called my mate Rob who lives 15 mins down the road and he kindly came out to take some pics. After helping me me carry my gear back to the car, his phone then rang and it was his wife wondering where the hell he had got to, he'd only come out during the middle of a dinner party when they had guests over !! 😂🤣
14.10 Trent Barbel 25th Feb 2017 (8).JPG

My PB is 12lbs exactly, 3 times !! Twice in the same day from the Taff (different fish) and once from the Bristol Avon.
I consider my 'best' barbel however to be an 11lbs 1ozs fish from the River Marden, a fish that I know I have absolutely no chance of bettering from that river in my lifetime. As far as I know, it's one of only 1/2 a dozen doubles from the river, at least 2 of which I know were the same fish, in fact in all the years I fished it, I only ever saw 2 fish which could've been approaching that size...........
The Marden was a wonderful river to fish in those days.

Be interesting but as Richard says it's so subjective and relative to location.
A Swale double is a rare creature. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 doubles a season. Nil so far. - a 12lber is a fish of a lifetime
Go South for an hour to the Trent and they probably wouldn't bother weighing a fish that small.
Not saying that Trent fish are easy or Swale doubles are an elitist pursuit it's just how it is.
I fished the swale for almost 20 years and never had a double off it.
Came very close afew times but not quite the mark.

Back