• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Angling camaraderie

That's what took me back everyone I've ever fished with are of the same ilk one for all and all for one moto I've never came across it before

I think I might try and locate said angler in question and give him a few leads and feeders so if he is ever asked again he can go yes mate no problem here you go😂:D

Just a thought..how do you know this chap had a couple of leads to give you, or was not going fishing somewhere else in an hour, or had even already given a couple of leads to someone else? Maybe he too was having a bad day.

I’m a tight wad miserable sod then as I would have also declined your request but more likely with a little more eloquence offered so you didn’t let my tyres down!
I’m always happy to help others less experienced but an adult asking someone for leads is just a bit too cheeky for my liking. It’s like saying “I haven’t got any money, can I have a couple of quid please?”

Blimey I bet your a barrel of laughs on a night out
[/QUOTE
No idea, you might well be right, I haven’t been out in months!
Imagine if Danny Fairbrass had given his leads away for nothing every time someone said “gotta a couple of leads mate, I have just lost all mine as they keep falling off this clip thingy”...
I just think it’s rude for a grown man to ask another grown man he doesn’t know, for something he should already have in his possession. It hardly makes me cold hearted, or lacking a sense of humour because I wouldn’t give a complete stranger a piece of fishing tackle. 🤪

Just a thought..how do you know this chap had a couple of leads to give you, or was not going fishing somewhere else in an hour, or had even already given a couple of leads to someone else? Maybe he too was having a bad day.

I’m a tight wad miserable sod then as I would have also declined your request but more likely with a little more eloquence offered so you didn’t let my tyres down!
I’m always happy to help others less experienced but an adult asking someone for leads is just a bit too cheeky for my liking. It’s like saying “I haven’t got any money, can I have a couple of quid please?”

Just to clarify never touched his car could of quite easily not that way inclined
Hi said no he wouldn't give me a lead as they cost money
I wasn't asking for them to keep it said I'd pass them back even said I'd post
Nothing like asking for money I made a mistake I asked someone to help in away I would never take offence to
I am no way a begger
I now understand not every angler will not help anyone but looking at the comments most will everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never change mine for anyone so helping someone is helping someone regards of age sex colour or creed just because there young wouldn't make me help them anymore than someone who is old if a person needs help and I'm in a position to help I always will it's the way I was brought up must be a liverpool thing

Yes. I would give him a couple. Unless he had arrived in a camper van.

I'll know not to park near to you then :p

I wouldn't hesitate to give the guy a couple of leads from my meagre supply. But if I was in the same predicament I would offer to swap something for the leads I needed rather than ask for something for nothing.

Just to clarify never touched his car could of quite easily not that way inclined
Hi said no he wouldn't give me a lead as they cost money
I wasn't asking for them to keep it said I'd pass them back even said I'd post
Nothing like asking for money I made a mistake I asked someone to help in away I would never take offence to
I am no way a begger
I now understand not every angler will not help anyone but looking at the comments most will everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never change mine for anyone so helping someone is helping someone regards of age sex colour or creed just because there young wouldn't make me help them anymore than someone who is old if a person needs help and I'm in a position to help I always will it's the way I was brought up must be a liverpool thing
Don’t worry Lee, if your short on leads down my way I will happily lend you a couple......providing you post them straight back afterwards! 😂 I sure wouldn’t give any stranger my address either.....may want to borrow the rest of my tackle when I am not at home too! Not that the wasted years carp fishing have made me paranoid or suchlike.....😎😂

Julian if you can turn someone posting leads back to you into the great train robbery you been smoking some serious Jamaican woodbines 🚬🚬
All I would need for that is your car registration dvla software and instant address I would also know your fishing and no one's home 🚙👮‍♀️👮‍♀️
So my advise to you would be leave your car at home and go fishing on a 🚴‍♂️
So the moral of the story is don't go fishing in case you get asked for help or mugged your car stolen your house robbed your I'd cloned your organs sold 😂😂😂😂

F this anyone selling any golf clubs on second thoughts someone might ask to lend a tee
Any one selling a stamp set

Yes, we are all different aren't we. Anybody who says 'I would never forget anything' must be under 40 years of age.😂
I certainly remember arriving at Earlswood lakes without any reels😱.
And no , I didn't wander the banks if asking if anybody had a couple of spare reels they weren't using at the moment🤡.
To answer the original question, yes I would give somebody a couple of leads, we are all 'brothers of the angle' after all.
Tight Lines,
G.T.

Back