• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum bolt and run

James Cain

Does anyone know if Korum still make this or is there anything similar? I like the fixed aspect for casting rather than a normal running rig. But don't really like a lead clip as I find I lose a lot of leads on the cast and I don't really wanna jam the tail rubber on!

Any advice will be appreciated!

James

Does anyone know if Korum still make this or is there anything similar? I like the fixed aspect for casting rather than a normal running rig. But don't really like a lead clip as I find I lose a lot of leads on the cast and I don't really wanna jam the tail rubber on!

Any advice will be appreciated!

James
Yes they still do them Bolt and run rig kit in a camo flecked colour James

My tackle shop still doing them as I bought 2 packets last week too.
They wanna keep doing them, I think they are absolutely brilliant

I use an enterprise snag safe run ring, clip your lead or feeder on slide it up the line,then thread on a tail rubber from a lead clip , tie on your swivel or clip to your main line then slide the tail rubber down and slide the run ring onto the tail rubber simples. The tail rubber completely covers the swivel or clip, the run ring sits tight on the tail rubber but mill move freely with minimum bolt resistance.

I use these think they are called tadpole get em from china via Ebay cheap as chips

Attachments

• tadpole rubber.jpg
    tadpole rubber.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 339
I use an enterprise snag safe run ring, clip your lead or feeder on slide it up the line,then thread on a tail rubber from a lead clip , tie on your swivel or clip to your main line then slide the tail rubber down and slide the run ring onto the tail rubber simples. The tail rubber completely covers the swivel or clip, the run ring sits tight on the tail rubber but mill move freely with minimum bolt resistance.

Not seen them but sound like they do a similar thing. I just like the lead/feeder to be attached to the hooklink for casting and not sliding up the line!!

Also, by changing to a slightly smaller swivel, you quickly convert to a running lead. So you have both set-ups .

It’s worth working them on and off the lip when they are new or it takes more of a jolt to release them.
I’ve not had many chub and certainly no bream pull hard enough to release the lead but I’ve never had it not release with a barbel. Wet them and work them when they first new and they’ll jump over Onto the line with the first proper lunge.

You don’t even need to do that Mike.
If you don’t put the lead over the lip it is a running rig.
You can swap between both set without changing a thing .
Richard, the reason I suggested changing the swivel was to give me a semi-bolt rig. I put a float stop on the line about 200mm above the Korum set up. If I then use the smaller swivel I can see indications of a bite before the fish feels the lead.

Richard, the reason I suggested changing the swivel was to give me a semi-bolt rig. I put a float stop on the line about 200mm above the Korum set up. If I then use the smaller swivel I can see indications of a bite before the fish feels the lead.
I misunderstood
Now I see what you mean 👍🏻

Back