• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Leads

Ste Whybrow

Hi all looking at buying a few weights for the tidel Trent,I’ve already got quite a few in 6oz if I need heavier what weight should I go to cheers ste ps will be fishing in flood also

If it's where we mentioned Steve, 4 to 6oz will be fine in those areas. Might be worth a few 8ozs if it gets a little water on. When it floods the pace doesn't increase as much as the Middle Trent. Any other Qs, give me a pm.

Many moons ago,fishing rivers like the Yorkshire Ouse ,which comes up a bit quick at times ,you could be a bit unprepared ,so if 4oz was'nt holding add another 2oz on etc,found it no problem.

If it's where we mentioned Steve, 4 to 6oz will be fine in those areas. Might be worth a few 8ozs if it gets a little water on. When it floods the pace doesn't increase as much as the Middle Trent. Any other Qs, give me a pm.
Will do Jon Frisby cheers mate 👍

Back