• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

2 rod sleeve offering full rod protection?

I recently purchase a Mosella Kompact system, the sleeves are well made and more than long enough for 12' rod sections (many are a tight fit)
I also have a Greys Prodigy 2 rod sleeve, this has bags of room for your reels, pockets on the outside, quite tight in length for 12' rods, but better than most, but not hard shell like the Mosella.

I agree Dave they are a very innovative company. The original ruck bag was just a revolution and nothing I’ve seen or used can Remotely touch it for mobile fishing imo.

I don’t think they’ve got the mobile chair right just yet. Others are much better and some of their creations like the quick net adapter thing are just a complete train wreck for anyone expecting to net anything bigger than roach or skimmers.

I think the spoon nets used to be really good and so strong and then they added the rubber coated mesh which made them better but then they took that metal spreader and 10mm round frame and changed it with a plastic spreader and made the frame ovel with thinner walls. WTF...,,
Should of left those spoons as they were imo.
Total protection quivers I recently got mine and absolutely love it. I first thought I’d struggle with it being so compact but it’s like Mary poppins bag and seems to swallow everything with ease. Could not believe I could get my huge chub brolley/shelter in its bag in the side pocket. To look at the two items you’d just assume the maths doesn’t work but actually it does.
I’m now fully converted to the bolt n run rigs as that is just the nicest system I’ve used for safe bolt rig use.
I very much like most of their stuff but I’m sure I could re design one or two bits they do to be better.
Absolutely love the fast Mat. Genius device. It simply wants to be 4 inches longer to be a perfect barbel tool. An almost 14lb, quite long fish I caught recently was slightly longer than the Mat. No big deal and can’t harm the Fish but another 100mm would of taken it from excellent to perfect.

Last edited:
Might have a closer look at the Korum, hard shell appeals to a clumsy git such as I 😅

That Korum net quick adapter thing, as you say, great idea but a 13lb ouse barbel did its best to destroy the one I was using lol

Hi Rob,

I'm in the market for a light 2 rod 'hard' case for transporting/carrying two made up 12' rods. I was in Ringwood tackle today and had a good hands on look at the new Drennan product (see link below) it appears very high quality....but at a price.

I've a new unused, still boxed, one of those for sale if anyone is interested. £39 posted.

I find the drennan a bit too tight on space. When fully loaded with brolly and landing net handle I find it fighting against one another putting the odd rod ring under strain.

ANOTHER vote for the Korum total protection 2 rod.

I love the peace of mind I get knowing my investment is well protected against everything OK yes make take a few extra mins getting the rods in and out but so what ???
small price to pay for total protection

Well I've opened a Christmas present today that is the Korum 2 rod total protection holdall. Only problem is it looks to be the 'new' version. Whilst no arguing it will offer excellent protection for the actual rods, there's only one external pocket which will maybe fit a brolly in at most. Certainly couldn't get brolly, landing net and bank sticks in having just the one external pocket, which in my opinion makes it pretty useless!! LOL. I'm rather disappointed to be honest :(

Have a merry Christmas all lol :D

Well I've opened a Christmas present today that is the Korum 2 rod total protection holdall. Only problem is it looks to be the 'new' version. Whilst no arguing it will offer excellent protection for the actual rods, there's only one external pocket which will maybe fit a brolly in at most. Certainly couldn't get brolly, landing net and bank sticks in having just the one external pocket, which in my opinion makes it pretty useless!! LOL. I'm rather disappointed to be honest :(

unlucky rob

that’s where the trakker 2 rod has it over the korum . 2 external bankstick pockets and an open pocket on the reverse with a strap and buckle for extra rod or brolly

Wtf!!!!
I can’t believe they did that. Useless with just one pocket.

Wtf!!!!
I can’t believe they did that. Useless with just one pocket.

Looked into this a bit more this evening, what you have Richard is not the total protection holdall, but the total protection quiver. Discontinued now and presumably replaced by what I have got. I'll be dropping korum a message asking what the hell use this thing is with no space for anything other than rods and brolly! Tried the external pocket today and can just squeeze in 45 inch brolly and landing net pole, but if I were to try and push my two long storm poles in as well it would undoubtedly end up tearing the brolly. I can't believe they've made this how they have! Proper headache :(

Looked into this a bit more this evening, what you have Richard is not the total protection holdall, but the total protection quiver. Discontinued now and presumably replaced by what I have got. I'll be dropping korum a message asking what the hell use this thing is with no space for anything other than rods and brolly! Tried the external pocket today and can just squeeze in 45 inch brolly and landing net pole, but if I were to try and push my two long storm poles in as well it would undoubtedly end up tearing the brolly. I can't believe they've made this how they have! Proper headache :(
Crikey Rob your absolutely right. 2 rod full protection quiver is gone!!!!! It’s a very recent discontinuation as I only bought mine beginning of October. Sounds like I got there just in time. Get that pile of crap sent back mate and tell em it’s bloody useless and not what you wanted. Then buy the Drennan or tracker instead.
I looked at the drennan and it was a very close second place to the Korum for me. A good bit cheaper too.
what on Earth are Korum thinking there with that??? Train wreck!!!!!
if your taking two rods you are quite likely going to pitch in one spot for a Little while in which case a good brolley, net handle and 2 bank sticks are pretty essential items to be carried in a 2 rod sleeve.

The original 2 rod from way back was very similar to the latest version but with more outer pockets,I had one but one of the zips gave up the ghost after a couple of years,so I then bought the mk2 version which was the same as the one bought by Richard but as I stated in another post was very fiddly loading and unloading the rods(5000 sized reels) Just recently replaced the Korum with a Trakker nxg 2rod padded sleeve,a great improvement size wise and plenty of outer storage.
Don’t know what Korum are playing at but with a couple of tweaks the total protection quiver would have been perfect.

The original 2 rod from way back was very similar to the latest version but with more outer pockets,I had one but one of the zips gave up the ghost after a couple of years,so I then bought the mk2 version which was the same as the one bought by Richard but as I stated in another post was very fiddly loading and unloading the rods(5000 sized reels) Just recently replaced the Korum with a Trakker nxg 2rod padded sleeve,a great improvement size wise and plenty of outer storage.
Don’t know what Korum are playing at but with a couple of tweaks the total protection quiver would have been perfect.

Trevor, only repeated gripe I've seen about the Trakker one is that the zip doesn't go full length, it stops at the top instead of going around the top if that makes sense? Some saying this makes getting the rods in fiddly. Assuming you haven't found this an issue?

Thanks,
Rob

A pair of 4000Ds slot into it quite easily
I don’t know how well it would take a pair of long casts on carp rods but it is pretty perfect for my needs so far.

You got lucky lol. Really can't see what use this version I have is. In fact, I searched Facebook Korum page and seems ever since it was pushed for release there were comments regarding a missing brolly pocket. I blame you lot for using the wrong wording of the product you have!! Joking of course :D I'll see if I can return and replace with something more suitable :)

unlucky rob

that’s where the trakker 2 rod has it over the korum . 2 external bankstick pockets and an open pocket on the reverse with a strap and buckle for extra rod or brolly
ok if your 6 foot plus if your on the short side dont buy top fixing on strap to high .nash two rod is a good alternative

Back