• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Help. Rod repair. Advice

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Managed to snap a precious 14ft match rod six inches above the top joint.

Can it be repaired ? Happy if needs for the solid spigot is shaved down if possible and inserted in top section once re inforced.
Any recommendations?

Thanks

Another vote for Chas Burns, he recently fixed one of my Torrix rods and did a superb job.

Sure it can be repaired in some way. Many factors will influence the result, but safest would initially seem sleeving the section. You could end up with a stiff or flat spot. If the break is clean and close to a guide then possibly the best situation. Clean work is essential.
I've done some that have stood the test of time, but there are risks of failure.
Good luck,
Cheers
Bob

PS One of my Drennans went and I bought an Acolyte.

Yes. This is a 14ft Hardy Marksman float Bob.

The Acolytes have had lots of broken tip problems as raised on here.

This was my fault however. Perch fishing.
Rod high to net at distance and carp dived down to feet. Had the bloody carp to over 20lb before no problem

Will try the Yorks guy as others kindly advised.

Graham
There's a guy near us in Ross that builds rods and does repairs, his name is Dave Bone, may be worth a look he's on facebook.
Cheers
Mark

Marty Mulcairn is a top guy and lives just down the road from you;

07979 946242

Andy

Graham
There's a guy near us in Ross that builds rods and does repairs, his name is Dave Bone, may be worth a look he's on facebook.
Cheers
Mark
Cheers Mark.
He is going to have a go.

Incidentally. I anyone is interested he had a couple of beautiful 2.75 torrix carp rods for £150 each.
His rods beautifully refurbished.

Back