• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Photos of river scenes

3DC4297F-68C7-435E-95BC-1A15E774B7BB.jpeg

I should call a halt to this - with a stern warning

card_yellow.jpg

Photos like these recent ones, and you know who you are ;), are damaging to the egos of some of us mere mortal point-and-shoot guys trying to master the unmasterable lens and button devices. Just cut it out, or at least include a normal one every so often.

As a reminder of "normality" here is one of my better efforts

oopsy_02.jpg

Seriously, bl##dy hell, how DO you do it? :eek:

IMG_0446.jpg

River Ribble, a self take photo from quite a few years ago, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat on account of being pleased to get the Barbel out of a particularly difficult swim, it looks fine, but in fact is very shallow and keeping the fish up and away from the many submerged rocks and snags is a tricky business, even medium sized fish as in the picture posed problems.The swim is in fact in a rocky outcrop mid river.

Dave

all that effort with a rod rest and you stuck it on a dinsmores bank stick:)

Yeah, that annoys me that crappy bank stick. I made the rod rest when I was going through a phase several years ago of wanting to de-plasticate (is that actually a word?) as much of my tackle as possible.

Of course, de-plastication is all the rage now ....

Back