• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi bib n brace

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, just a heads up...popped into my local Aldi this evening and they are reducing the fishing gear, bib n brace now 18.99 bargain. I bought another pair as have been quite impressed with warmth and comfort so far.

Bought them a few weeks ago, saw they had been reduced in Cheltenham Sunday, was in two minds to buy another but the missus was with me.:(

I bet the ones that are left are only sized for dwarfs or giants, thats what usually happens, all the "normal' sizes get sold, and the left overs are reduced..

I am an XXL , so might pop down and get another pair,if any left, the ones I have are great, they are warm, have a reinforced backside an back of legs panel,for bank sitting,they seem waterproof and most suprising of all, fit me. I have worn them recently in sub zero temps and had no probs.

Compared to some "branded" fishing salopettes they seem better all around, and a quarter or less of the price.

Dave

I bet the ones that are left are only sized for dwarfs or giants, thats what usually happens, all the "normal' sizes get sold, and the left overs are reduced..

I am an XXL , so might pop down and get another pair,if any left, the ones I have are great, they are warm, have a reinforced backside an back of legs panel,for bank sitting,they seem waterproof and most suprising of all, fit me. I have worn them recently in sub zero temps and had no probs.

Compared to some "branded" fishing salopettes they seem better all around, and a quarter or less of the price.

Dave
The Milton Keynes shop still had m/l/xl as of yesterday

Only had XL's in my local but as luck would have it that was just what I needed for my fat ass ! Haven't worn them in anger yet but decent quality for £18.99.

Can't fault ALDI clothing, on my 3rd set of bib and brace. Ripped the others to pieces on barbed wire/brambles, but it would have been the same fate had I been wearing a more expensive outfit. You now know why the ALDI phrase is "When it's gone, it's gone" you need to be quick to get your size. Their neoprene wellies aren't bad either at £20.

Just scored the last pair of medium B & B in my local Aldi, put away for when my current pair gives up the ghost, can't beat them for value!

Looks like I’ve missed the boat with this offer. When they were in my local store they only had Medium and Large and I need XL .....I’ve looked in two stores today while on my travels and my wife looked in our local one a few days ago and zilch! No B&B’s at all...I guess the special offer is over

Don't worry Bill they'll be back, I do the same as Steve, when they are available I put them away ready for when the current pair give up the ghost.

My original B&B still going strong and the spare set I picked up last year are still stored in the back of my cupboard, don't think I'll be tempted this time round!

Thanks for the heads up Mark...I’ll be taking a butchers :)

Last edited:
I found the neoprene wellies a bit narrow fitting for me even after buying a pair a size bigger than normal.

Back