• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi bib n brace

Got some of their thermal trousers a couple of years back. Quilted lining. Brilliant for working outside or sitting on the bank.
About £11 from memory.
I'll definitely have a look next Sunday.
Small bag also excellent, if you don't mind lots of zips.

Neoprene is 100% waterproof. It's as waterproof as rubber but not as resilient, but is much better at insulation. So they'll act like wellies but be a bit warmer, but not quite as tough.
Thanks Terry. I'll be hoping to bag some of those tomorrow then if they have my size!

Although from what Gavin says I might have to squeeze them on over my footballer's calves :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately they don't do the bib and brace in a size suitable for the full bodied angler such as myself

Sorry if this has been answered on the previous Aldi threads, but does anyone know how the boots come up size-wise? Was going to send my foot double (dad) up there tomorrow, but he can’t make it now.

Nothing worse than an ill-fitting wellington. Or maybe it doesn’t matter so much with Neoprene. First world problems...

Sorry if this has been answered on the previous Aldi threads, but does anyone know how the boots come up size-wise? Was going to send my foot double (dad) up there tomorrow, but he can’t make it now.

Nothing worse than an ill-fitting wellington. Or maybe it doesn’t matter so much with Neoprene. First world problems...
I’m not sure if they’ve changed the design since I bought mine but size 8 fits me well with a thick sock and I’m normally a 7

Hi Alex
I just tried a pair of 8's (my shoe size) with normal socks on and they were very snug so for me a size bigger would definitely be needed;)

I just dropped into local Aldi for another bib n brace...all the size L gone in green and Camo so have ordered online. Did get a pair of neoprene gloves though that seem good quality for a fiver

Good information, Rob, keith, Derek, etc. I'm an 11 so looks like I won't bother then.

Got to go to Aldi now anyway so will have a look but it's good to have low expectations.

Just bought a pair of the camo salupettes, seem on the face of it to be good value, time will tell. Must be selling quick as only 1 pair of mediums left. I was told if they don't fit take them back with a receipt and get your money back.

Just bought a pair of the camo salupettes, seem on the face of it to be good value, time will tell. Must be selling quick as only 1 pair of mediums left. I was told if they don't fit take them back with a receipt and get your money back.
Ed, i always try them on in the shop, get a few strange looks. I just tell them im making sure they fit. Saves having to come back to change them, or for a refund. :D:cool:

Good information, Rob, keith, Derek, etc. I'm an 11 so looks like I won't bother then.

Got to go to Aldi now anyway so will have a look but it's good to have low expectations.
Well, low expectations led to elation when the size 11 neopropene wellies fitted really well, even with two layers of everything- could easily manage 3 pairs socks if i had to. Picked up a pair for Ms. Graham too and she's equally chuffed.

Tested mine last night with a 1.5 hour chub session and they were fab.

Bob Watson

Well, low expectations led to elation when the size 11 neopropene wellies fitted really well, even with two layers of everything- could easily manage 3 pairs socks if i had to. Picked up a pair for Ms. Graham too and she's equally chuffed.

Tested mine last night with a 1.5 hour chub session and they were fab.

I've just got the last green pair in my size 8 from my local, they seem roomy enough for a couple of pairs of decent socks, also got the wader socks!