• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A long time since

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
A BFW Fish-In, if memory serves me right, the last one was organised by Graham Elliott, However, due to adverse weather conditions, ( extreme heat and low water, clubs suspending fishing etc ) it sadly got cancelled. Any members willing to take up the mantel for the new season ?

A BFW Fish-In, if memory serves me right, the last one was organised by Graham Elliott, However, due to adverse weather conditions, ( extreme heat and low water, clubs suspending fishing etc ) it sadly got cancelled. Any members willing to take up the mantel for the new season ?
Hi Derek, that was just a few invited pals mainly from Deepest Dorset plus few others and an annual event

I did organise quite a few BFW events years ago for Macmillan Cancer Research.
On the Loddon and A few fly fishing days Maidenhead ..All very well attended and we raised a couple of thousand pounds altogether.

There was a couple more arranged after on the Severn on Kinver waters, by others and follow ups fly fishing at Willmington?

It would be great if others now would make an effort. They were great fun and made many long lasting friendships between attendees.

This was a good one.
Quite a few in articles section.

A great day and a great write up.

Some of us remember how much you used to put back into fishing, charity events, arranging meetings, junior days, free advice/coaching, chairmanship of angling clubs.

Times have changed., but those of us who know, haven't forgotten. 👍

A great day and a great write up.

Some of us remember how much you used to put back into fishing, charity events, arranging meetings, junior days, free advice/coaching, chairmanship of angling clubs.

Times have changed., but those of us who know, haven't forgotten. 👍
Humbled Dave. And that'll be shock to those that know me🤣

Back