• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Zander

Evening all. I’m hoping to try for a lower Severn zander later in the year. Do people fish two rods watching the tip? One watching the tip? Or using alarms and drop off indicators?
When I was zandering on the 7 it was 2 rods, watch the tips and fish heavy bobbins with buzzers too.

Rear drop offs are okay if you fish them with decent buzzers; but on their own you might miss small indications. I have some ‘Billy’s backbiters’ but prefer Delkims for sensitivity when zander fishing.

Having said that, my one double gave me a proper run !

When I was zandering on the 7 it was 2 rods, watch the tips and fish heavy bobbins with buzzers too.

Rear drop offs are okay if you fish them with decent buzzers; but on their own you might miss small indications. I have some ‘Billy’s backbiters’ but prefer Delkims for sensitivity when zander fishing.

Having said that, my one double gave me a proper run !

Thank you Tim, does the weight of the bobbin relate to the strength of the flow?

Thank you Tim, does the weight of the bobbin relate to the strength of the flow?
Basically it is using every possible means to register small indications.

Ideally the bobbin will be heavy enough to fish on a short drop - but in a strong flow that might not be possible. So then the heavy bobbin becomes a means to register slight drop backs.

In addition, the use of a heavy running lead should (hopefully) generate pulls rather than drop backs…..

Basically it is using every possible means to register small indications.

Ideally the bobbin will be heavy enough to fish on a short drop - but in a strong flow that might not be possible. So then the heavy bobbin becomes a means to register slight drop backs.

In addition, the use of a heavy running lead should (hopefully) generate pulls rather than drop backs…..

Cheer Tim. Initially sounded a bit counterintuitive when thinking about resistance but makes sense now.

Cheer Tim. Initially sounded a bit counterintuitive when thinking about resistance but makes sense now.
Christian.
If you look back on earlier posts you will see I have made quite a few tactical comments that tie in very nicely with what Tim has indicated.

Where are you looking at fishing for them?

Christian.
If you look back on earlier posts you will see I have made quite a few tactical comments that tie in very nicely with what Tim has indicated.

Where are you looking at fishing for them?

Cheers Graham, I'll give the thread a proper read again. I noticed there's another zander one from a few years back as well.

Hoping to give some of the BAA venues a crack as I've got already got a ticket.

Back