• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your most treasured piece of fishing tackle

Graham - lol !!

Barbel gear : my X-wrap barbel tamers - gorgeous looking rods.

Float gear : my Normark microlight and old Abu closed face reels, 501, 505, 506, 1044 and Diplomat 602M.

Duncan.

Last edited:
My fishing diaries , which I have kept since 1969 , endless source of pleasure and amusement , and still a good reference book . Priceless . Re tackle , I am attached to a lot of the old stuff , I do treasure and still use a mitchell 301 which was made in the same year I was born 1957 .

the one thing i treasure most is my old trusty hammer:D
seriously, its my guardian, makes putting banksticks in a doddle, handy rat wacker,and umpteen other uses, i love a heavy hammer:eek::D

My 3mtr Power Stretch net handle I've bought sold all of my kit at some stage but this is the only thing that's almost irreplaceable. Although I have 2 lol.
Bob Crack on and get them extentions in our shop I'd happily buy one.

If you know Clive as well as I do then that Landing Net Handle must be pretty special for him to keep it all these years !!!

As far as sentimental value goes, my Dad's old Swiss Army Knife, which has a Tortoiseshell outer in place of the traditional red one is totally irreplaceable !!!

Mine is a pair of Adzaki barbel rods(Preston Innovations), unbeatable action, will do everything from trundling meat ,to lobbing out 6oz feeders, also the best salmon bait rods, love em!
peter

Mine is my car, without it my Barbel fishing would be pretty non existent, plus it's a good place to dry my gear when wet as I'm not allowed "smelly fishing stuff" in the flat, I argue that it's not smelly as I don't catch anything :)

Youngs Purist, absolutely love trotting a float with this, coupled with a Daiwa Black Shadow spliced tip float rod.

The fishing brolly that was bought for me as a teenager, 38 years ago! It still kept me dry during a thunderstorm last Saturday night despite its age. Perhaps it's the link with my youth that makes it feel special. Where have the years gone?

A Garcia Mitchell 440a Match I bought in 1982.
It comes out towards the end of the river season for my perch fishing on the float and in the early summer for my gravel pit tenching.
It adds a sense of 'danger' as the clutch grinds away and occasionally the auto bail arm will fling open when I've got a big billy diving for cover ;)

Love it.

Apart from that it has to be my bait boat and my spod rod :eek::eek::eek:

Ian

Tackle that i WISH i still had??
That would have to be the Vortex 10' 6 inch glass rod and ryobi reel my dad bought for my birthday many moons ago.
I remember the day like it was yesterday, me a little 7 or 8 year old and Douggie Chambers (owner) handing them over the counter of Cupits tackle and coal merchants in Farnborough, Hants.
Much more boring is the Drennan IM9 classic that i am currently in love with....

Have to agree Steve, that rod really is a stunning piece of kit, thoroughly enjoy using mine.

Most useful...my ESP bait pouch, stops me having an aching back for days after a long trotting session.

Lawman....from the sublime to the.....:p

Graham

Mine has to be the buckett which holds exactly 1 gallon of maggots, deadly on a river if full.

Sean

Back