• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Your first barbel photo

My fiirst Barbel from East Stoke River Trent 26/07/20 I was fortunate to be invited to join an experienced Barbel angler for the day and I have been hooked since. 🤣As first go an 11 Lb 3 Oz torpedo isn't bad, feels a priviledge to catch and release safely, such a stunning fish every time I land one. Please forgive my hand position, I didn't know better back then.

DSCF2671[1].jpg

Apologies for the lack of fish in my photo, but this was the first ever "dedicated" barbel trip taken by me and my mates approx 45 years ago. The Ford Transit was loaded with luggage and tackle for a week on the Avon at Ringwood, where I caught an 8lb barbel. My first ever. This same group of guys have fished EVERY year since then, for a week targeting barbel. We are away again in a few weeks time. Older but not necessarily wiser!
20170909_165819.jpg

Back