• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

You Tube

Damian Kimmins

Hello fellow piscators, I was wondering, having looked at a few You Tube fishing vids over the weekend, do any of you have any favourite You Tube Channels that you keep going back to to satiate your fishing needs when you can't get out?

The Sticky Reflections were good last time I watched a few (lockdown one, initially). They seem to have added a few longer videos since then, which I haven’t watched, so can’t comment on those. Assume most on here will have seen the two Yates & Bowler episodes, but the others episodes are comparable in terms of quality & production. Obviously Carp orientated, but better than Strictly or I’m a Celeb, in my opinion.

Carl & Alex’s stuff is okay. I actually find the younger one’s foraging/general outdoorsy videos on YouTube quite decent too. Fair play to the both of them for what they’ve done & where they started from. They seem like decent lads.

Agreed on Terry Hearn’s stuff. Angling Jackanory. I think he could tell a story about making toast and he’d make it interesting.

It’s a shame there isn’t a more generic fishing subscription service like Cypography (carp fishing Netflix). I know Fishing TV do a paid for content thing, but it’s not the same model (more pay per view/pay as you go). But maybe they don’t have the content to justify a subscription. I’d happily pay the same as I pay for Netflix for streamable fishing though!

Mark Erdwin - all round good egg and honest fishing with a lot of knowledge
Carl & Alex - best production bar none
Mark Carp - little known, great knowledge
Paul Garner Fishing - goto for tench
Laurence Hanger - barbel and chub
Kanalgratisdotse - world class perch/pred

A couple of others that haven't been mentioned:

The fish locker- Mainly sea fishing based, so might not be for everyone. But the guy seems really genuine, owns a boat, and puts up lots of really interesting diving/nature/catch and cook videos. Well worth a watch.

John Arthur fishing- Match fishing does very little for me, but there is something about watching someone what is excellent at what he does. Fascinating to see how someone who is at the top of there game in the match fishing world, approaches a variety of venues.

Cadence TV- One of the few tackle channels that's worth watching. They have the perfect balance between promoting there kit, and giving great advice. James Robbins is very informative, loads of great videos, I really felt his stick/waggler videos helped me considerably when I started to fish the float on the Severn.

John Care- I think he might post on here. Only posted a few videos, but all worth a watch. Took a huge amount of information/rig advice from these videos when I had just started to fish the river.

Saltwater Angler- I enjoy Bass fishing, and I enjoy his videos.

Hello fellow piscators, I was wondering, having looked at a few You Tube fishing vids over the weekend, do any of you have any favourite You Tube Channels that you keep going back to to satiate your fishing needs when you can't get out?
Got to be TA Fishing. Just brilliant how he demonstrates his methods really easy, without trying to sell you tons of gear.

Dave Roberts is very watchable and agree the Cadence videos are technically good as are a lot of the Guru and Drennan ones
Depends what mood you are in - some amazing European stuff on monster pike & perch but it's fantasy land for most of us.
I watch a piker called David Scobie who fishes the Erne system in Northern Ireland. It's not really my style of pike fishing and he doesn't catch that much but it's an honest account of a typical pikers exploits and I like that. When he does get a lump, I'll be punching the air for him.
I stumbled across a bloke called Colin Hebb. Seems a pleasant enough ' Ull fella who puts in the efforts but breaks some cardinal rules on blowing waters.
I now know exactly where to go to target huge Ide over 8lb after watching one of his videos - what a plonker.
Not to mention the 5000 people who now know a very well known River Hull hotspot is finally chucking some good pike after years of decline.
Inexcusably selfish to other anglers and bad for pike in particular that just will not tolerate bad handling and multiple recaptures.
Sorry for the moan but a side of You Tube that boils my p**s.

Over the last year, I've really enjoyed some of the Korda Thinking Tackle Podcasts via Youtube. Simon Pitt is an excellent presenter/host with a relaxed, but subtlety probing interviewing style. IMO the Korda TT podcasts he presents are cut above much of the opposition, some of which can really grate.

Episodes with guests I've particularly enjoyed feature John Baker, Simon Scott, Andrew Ellis, Jason Hayward, Jamie Clossick, Frank Warwick, Gareth Fareham and Micky Gray.

I believe the Korda podcasts are finishing soon. Simon Pitt is leaving and Korda aren't doing anymore. Apparently they're having a famous guest for the last podcast, but as of yet, no one knows who it'll be. I hope it's Terry Hearn.

Same company, but different discipline. The Guru podcast with a match angler called Darren Cox is a good watch.

Back