• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Yorkshire Ouse barbel survey

Mike Hodgkiss

In to the third year now and as before I am requesting information on barbel caught from the none tidal Yorkshire Ouse . The idea behind the survey is to obtain individual weights of barbel caught to determine average size . The survey was prompted by anecdotal evidence of captures of very small barbel which seemed to indicate natural recruitment . I contacted the EA about any barbel stockings in the Ouse they advised that there had been no barbel stockings to the best of their knowledge .

So as in the previous 2 seasons would any of you lads and lasses who fish the Ouse be prepared to let me know the individual weights or guesstimate weights of barbel you have caught from the river in the 2010-2011 season . As before I do not want to know where you caught the fish from , only weights and numbers.Please E mail your returns to mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com .

Many thanks in advance.

PS , Mods would you put a sticky on this post for say a month to avoid it drifting off the front page . Thanks

Last edited:
Back