• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

yet another line

Dave is that the price for 5 spools:rolleyes:

It is £10 - £12 more expensive than X-Line for the same quantity so it's not cheap. Question is, is it that much better than X-Line??

Far better than x-line, casts better, actually breaks at it's stated strain not 30% under is nice and supple for a fluoro and sinks like a brick. I replaced x-line on my carp reels with it and will never go back to x-line again.

what knots do you use folks, i've heard the trilene knot or clinch knot is as good as the palomar?

Far better than x-line, casts better, actually breaks at it's stated strain not 30% under is nice and supple for a fluoro and sinks like a brick. I replaced x-line on my carp reels with it and will never go back to x-line again.

Couldn't agree more.

can anyone give me 100yds. for hooklinks?:rolleyes:

I must be tight.........thats a lot of money, okay it is 1000m but it is aimed for the very serious semi pro/sponsored angler surely.

before ya shell out all that dosh....google p-line.....this is the same stuff but the american version......a damn site cheaper too !!!!
bought some at the go fishing show off top carp angler chris berry n he gave us all the info.:D

Might have a look at it, been using X-line for years, got used to its abilities in most areas , this stuff sounds a lot better, might give it a try a hooklenghts for salmon, a 1000mtr spool should last 10years, far cheaper than £20 for 50 mtrs of riverge etc
peter

Clive if it is P-line reincarnated, then its not all that , nice and fine in diameter, soft, but abrasion resistance is poor, X-line is far tougher!
peter

Back