• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Yesterday

Edward Adcock

Senior Member & Supporter
On Friday night I loaded the car in preparation for a day on a small club pond. I know the fish are still dormant but I just wanted to be by the water and use the time to phone family and friends.

On Saturday I double checked I had packed everything before setting off. I was surprised to feel so excited. After 10 minutes a nagging sense of doubt began to replace the anticipation. Something was wrong - what had I forgotten?

I arrived, put on the wellies, and fiddled with the combination lock to the track gate. It must have been changed as the code I was using wasn't working. I went through my phone and found a 4 number code which worked.

Phew.

I opened the gate, drove through, locked the gate, unpacked the car, and checked again I had everything with me. I finally trudged off taking that nagging feeling with me for 10 minutes.

I found the swim I wanted but the sense of something wasn't right was now all consuming. I set myself up and all the kit was there. I was just about to make the first cast.

'Really?
'Oh ******* hell!'

I exclaimed out loud.

See below.

I had driven to the river.

Two nights ago I dreamed I was fishing on the river until I suddenly realised it was the close season and then the bailiff came along and caught me. I woke up sweating and realised it was a dream. PHEW!

On Friday night I loaded the car in preparation for a day on a small club pond. I know the fish are still dormant but I just wanted to be by the water and use the time to phone family and friends.

On Saturday I double checked I had packed everything before setting off. I was surprised to feel so excited. After 10 minutes a nagging sense of doubt began to replace the anticipation. Something was wrong - what had I forgotten?

I arrived, put on the wellies, and fiddled with the combination lock to the track gate. It must have been changed as the code I was using wasn't working. I went through my phone and found a 4 number code which worked.

Phew.

I opened the gate, drove through, locked the gate, unpacked the car, and checked again I had everything with me. I finally trudged off taking that nagging feeling with me for 10 minutes.

I found the swim I wanted but the sense of something wasn't right was now all consuming. I set myself up and all the kit was there. I was just about to make the first cast.

'Really?
'Oh ******* hell!'

I exclaimed out loud.

See below.

I had driven to the river.

I could almost see me doing that myself Edward.

David

Back