• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Xmas Quiz

David Chant

You can change the quiver tips without breaking down the rod. Many years ago I remember seeing the tops of some tips with a top ring you could open, like the clasps one gets on ladies necklaces. I am not sure why one or the other didn't catch on but if I have the wrong tip on I normally just persevere. In fact, if I do have other tips with me they are normally a good walk away in the car :)

Gary Cream

They used to use them on swing tips as well as said its too change with out breaking line down.........................something I haven't seen for a long time
Swing tips were always a pain to cast with but once out used to give good indication.....................we always used to use a bit of bread squeezed on 6" above the rod tips not on the rivers though on the lakes for tench.
I had forgot all about that.
Gary

Bob Gill

Administrator
Staff member
Think that the claims are related to the quiver tips being used with the detachable adapter that makes a quiver/butt indicator.
Set comprises of three 'tips' and butt attachment. Sold as 'Premier Tipmaster X-treme Sidewinder Quivertip' at around £12 per set.
So more of an intended butt indicator using the 'quiver' as the arm. As the quiver has only one ring (the pigtail located at the tip end) and a screw in adapter (which I presume is 8 BA thread) it could also be used as a screw in quiver tip and also be detachable without rethreading the line.
Sorry for the Gillbydegook explanation but hope makes some sort of sense :)