• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Xmas pressy

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

So what did everyone get ? , Or are you waiting for the sales ?

Not really barbel related , I got a new sleeping bag as after checking out a mates Avid heated bag when doing a couple of nights when temps crashed I was impressed. Water resistant , 5 season in its own right , I stuck it on 30 mins before I would have jumped in and it was lovely and warm . My mate turns it off generally at that point , but has experimented with longer lower power levels.

It coincided with the time being right to buy a new one as my winter syndicate runs untill the last day in February, and I need to put a bit of time in no matter what the weather is like .

And I'm old , as an OAP my bones are creaking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hatter

Hi men ,

Not really barbel related , I got a new sleeping bag as after checking out a mates Avid heated bag when doing a couple of nights when temps crashed I was impressed. Water resistant , 5 season in its own right , I stuck it on 30 mins before I would have jumped in and it was lovely and warm . My mate turns it off generally at that point , but has experimented with longer lower power levels.

It coincided with the time being right to buy a new one as my winter syndicate runs untill the last day in February, and I need to put a bit of time in no matter what the weather is like .

And I'm old , as an OAP my bones are creaking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hatter
Wouldn't mind getting 1 of these myself, need a new bedchair aswell. Nothing wrong with a few comforts on the bank. I'll have to see what my tax return brings in 😂.

Any links Mark ?
January sales in the transfer window and a new striker at Goodison will be top of the list I think Derek! (I thankfully opted for Prenton Park Boxing Day)

I'm trying to convince myself I need three Freespirit S Lite carp rods. I've got most of the money by selling one or two bits of kit I don't use anymore. I just can't make myself buy them though.

I want a longer power float rod for my dedicated big barbel trotting which will possibly be a nice Xmas present.
I’ve got the spectron xp in 14ft but I’d really like something of equal action and power in 15ft. Got my eyes on something quite special just for the job 😉

Had no idea you could get heated bags. To be fair I brought a 4 season bag with a peach skin throw years ago when I used to do a bit of carp fishing and I used to get too hot in that. Minus 5 is probably the coldest I fished in but even then I was down to tshirt and shorts and had to remove my socks as I was that hot. Was grim when my mate called me at 3 in the morning to help him with a fish and I had to get out mind. But I’ll never forget him eventually lifting the net out the water and putting it down on the mat and letting go of the net handle and the net being frozen solid so the handle stayed 2 foot off the ground as the frozen net could handle the weight of it lol

Deeper Pro+ V2 which will be useful for mapping out some of the new swims I want to try out.

I had fox duralite chair for my fishing in general and shimano aero xr 400 . Feels a cracking reel very light and a nice size on my quiver rod .. Just waiting for rivers to drop now

I had a vintage coarse anglers basket, not a square one, but more like a very big fly fishing creel. it has a flat back and a bow front, with a deer antler fastening. must be going on 100 years old but very useable. I have been searching for one for ages, and suddenly there it was.
Ideal for roving with a rod and landing net… very Mr Crabtree before anybody else says it 🤣🤣.

David

I had fox duralite chair for my fishing in general and shimano aero xr 400 . Feels a cracking reel very light and a nice size on my quiver rod .. Just waiting for rivers to drop now
I recently bought the xr 4000 for one of my waggler set ups.Super smooth with the hagane gearing and ci4+ body and rotor.Was using an aero 4000 fa at 340 grams,the new shimano at 245 grams feels so much lighter on the rod and brilliant for wading and holding all day. Great price too.

Last edited:
Back