• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

wye usk prices

Simon Georgiou

just had a look at a stretch i have been fishing the last few years on there website and the price has jumped from £15 last season to £23 now:mad: getting a bit silly now
and another rant..purchased a car in january and paid the road tax for 6 months got the renewal through and its doubled in price!!!!!
whats the point in working for a living anymore when prices are going beyond the living wage:(

just had a look at a stretch i have been fishing the last few years on there website and the price has jumped from £15 last season to £23 now:mad: getting a bit silly now
and another rant..purchased a car in january and paid the road tax for 6 months got the renewal through and its doubled in price!!!!!
whats the point in working for a living anymore when prices are going beyond the living wage:(

Sure they didn't quote you for 12 months Simon?

having rechecked my figures:eek: it appears i got it wrong, thought i was paying £60 road tax for the year but seems it was for 6 months..ill get me coat;)

having rechecked my figures:eek: it appears i got it wrong, thought i was paying £60 road tax for the year but seems it was for 6 months..ill get me coat;)

Good news, so that will pay for at least three WUF DT's? :) Yep the Wye is being priced out of the ''is it worth it'' scenario for many I used to fish Caradoc on the WUF, back then it was £20, and now without checking it has at least doubled. I fish a club stretch opposite bank, and at a fraction of the cost.

The WUF stretch is always deserted when I visit. and overgrown, just what is the point in pricing out the coarse angler?

The Barbel numbers are also well down on previous years, so value for money is also an issue.

Is it a case of out pricing or simply charging what they can get away with? I did a WUF day ticket last year which was about £15-20. Many of the stretches I looked to book, even in September was booked out weeks in advance. If your unaware that different options exist, such as fishing the opposite bank for a quarter of the price you could fall for the trap of "paying for quality". For me it's a very occasional(I've been once) to fish this wonderful river, it's in complete contrast to my local Dorset Stour and I'm willing to pay that price. If it was double that I'd have to ask myself some serious questions, factoring in fuel etc. Next time il be more savy I guess.

Back