• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wychwood Qflow stool bag carryall

I had one of these several years ago, it only lasted a season, bought it from Go Outdoors. I had kept my receipt so got my money back they did offer a replacement but I declined. I did not feel it was fit for purpose.

I purchased the Korum Roving set up and about eight years on I am still using the bag and chair which IMHO is the best chair ever as it can hold my weight, is adjustable and is built well for a cack handed bugger like me.

I quite fancied something similar,having seen several advertised , so went to look at one in some tackle shop.
IMO it looked and felt as though it was designed for a 12 yr old. Size wise I could not see me sitting comfortably on it at all, I am not huge at 6ft and 14 stone, but really it was a joke. The bag design was shocking, meaning every time you wanted something out , you had to stand up and rummage about under the seat . It felt not at all fit for purpose.

I really think there is an opening for a manufacturer to make something a bit larger than the above, but a bit smaller than the current batch of chairs that are available. There must be a better way of attaching a decent bag to the chair so you can clip it on and off for easy access whilst you are sat waiting for a bite.

I have started to use a simple bag with my veteran Chub Rover Chair , the bag clips onto the chair and the chair has its own shoulder strap.

I would like something a bit better but until something comes along the Chub chair and bag will do fine.

David

I quite fancied something similar,having seen several advertised , so went to look at one in some tackle shop.
IMO it looked and felt as though it was designed for a 12 yr old. Size wise I could not see me sitting comfortably on it at all, I am not huge at 6ft and 14 stone, but really it was a joke. The bag design was shocking, meaning every time you wanted something out , you had to stand up and rummage about under the seat . It felt not at all fit for purpose.

I really think there is an opening for a manufacturer to make something a bit larger than the above, but a bit smaller than the current batch of chairs that are available. There must be a better way of attaching a decent bag to the chair so you can clip it on and off for easy access whilst you are sat waiting for a bite.

I have started to use a simple bag with my veteran Chub Rover Chair , the bag clips onto the chair and the chair has its own shoulder strap.

I would like something a bit better but until something comes along the Chub chair and bag will do fine.

David
I bought a pakaseat from a boot fair last year for £3, It was just too low for me though the design did have some good points. At the moment using a chub nomad chair (£10 from a boot fair) and a small ex-army shoulder bag which works fine, but it would be nice to combined the two.

Last edited:
I bought a pakaseat from a boot fair last year for £3, It was just too low for me though the design did have some good points. At the moment using a chub nomad chair (£10 from a boot fair) and a small ex-army shoulder bag which works fine, but it would be nice to combined the two.
Those design seats may be ok for roving around a lake or pond but for rivers like the severn and other similar rivers most of us fish they would be utterly useless, i very rarely even use the back legs on my chair due to the mainly sloping banks

You got a bargain there they go for silly money on ebay …. I take it you mean the efgeeco one ?

You got a bargain there they go for silly money on ebay …. I take it you mean the efgeeco one ?
Yes it was, i thought the same as you and put it on ebay. But the bottom has fallen out of the pakaseat market omly got £32 for it. This one was in very good condition there was one on afterwards made £15:(

The Shakespeare seat with back rest is excellent and a lot cheaper, very well made too. If I am fishing on fairly level ground it's ideal. I have just watched the latest offering of Carls and Alex and they feature what I think was a Korum lightweight seat, with a concerntina action that would make transporting easy, it was a good looking thing not like the usual with drink holder things that have a noddy reputation, (although that accolade some may think I already possess). :(
I have a plethora of seats that are adjustable legs, but weight is an issue when roving.
Edit
Just checked the seat was a Korum lite

Last edited:
Back