• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WTF: Diawa Infinity snaps on first outing

Thank the lord for that, a new poster with a sense of humour. When I put the first response up to this thread I did so in the full knowledge that Bob and others who are far more knowledgeable than me would be on with a full in depth description of what to do in this case.
With over 1000 posts on this board and countless others on the old bfw with hardly a warning and despite John Youngs thoughts to the contrary I can be serious on occasions. However, as some of the older posters and the mods know I can also be extremely frivolous, It's all a part of who I am, I'm glad you took it for what it was, a bit of light hearted banter, It's a shame not all new posters are as rounded and chilled as you seem to be.

Mr Young,

I admire your charity work immensity but do think you should lighten up a bit. Your one dimensional seriousness is a bit wearing, this is only fishing, we are not negotiating for world peace or feeding the worlds starving, it's supposed to be recreation.

Hear, hear!

All good - carry on Ade.

:)

LOL Ade those with the highest post count rules :rolleyes: Been there seen it done it :rolleyes:

Plenty of clicks on plenty of forums.

I have answered the OP :)

Regards John Young :)

The meaning of the last part of my sentence is framed of course by the context given to it by the start and as such "I had stolen" is a reference to something taken from me, hence the need for a replacement. BUT, the beauty of the English language is its ability to offer up endless opportunities for playfulness and I did actually laugh out loud when I read the first response to my post. Its all good banter and this combined with many other pieces of good advice have dulled the frustration and annoyance of an expensive and broken rod. So thanks to all. The session ended with a near double, tamed very well I have to say on my other rod-the Martin Bowler- from a tight snagy swim where little line good be given to the angry barbel. Thanks again to all- for the advice and the humour.

Top man, not a one for manufactured' gags, the 'real life' unintended gaffs are so much better :p

Back