• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wow !!!

Mike Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
The weather must have been really bad over most of the UK yesterday, did you see how many new classified ad's there were.
Or is this just a sad bank holiday, misses out with kids or grandkids, you've already cleaned out the shed and garage, so as a last resort for something to do, you have gone through all your tackle again.
Role on the new season.

The weather must have been really bad over most of the UK yesterday, did you see how many new classified ad's there were.
Or is this just a sad bank holiday, misses out with kids or grandkids, you've already cleaned out the shed and garage, so as a last resort for something to do, you have gone through all your tackle again.
Role on the new season.

Well I had a clear out of the Garage Good Friday, even managed to sale some gear to the painter/ angler who was working next door:)

I had a long put-off sort out of my cupboards in the garage over the weekend, I was looking for some mackerel gear ready for our Cornwall holiday in May, found a Shimano reel, three Abu reels, a dozen or more tins of ancient spam and a box of 50 starlights that I'd long since forgotten about. Couldn't find any mackerel feathers though, I've got them somewhere, next stop the loft.

I had a long put-off sort out of my cupboards in the garage over the weekend, I was looking for some mackerel gear ready for our Cornwall holiday in May, found a Shimano reel, three Abu reels, a dozen or more tins of ancient spam and a box of 50 starlights that I'd long since forgotten about. Couldn't find any mackerel feathers though, I've got them somewhere, next stop the loft.

Glue/whip some of the starlights you found onto the back of some big 'ooks, instead of feathers. Should work a treat :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back