• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

With all the little spats going on

Adrian Williams

No Longer a Member
Does anyone else think it might be time bfw had another early season fish in? Somewhere like the Wye or Trent would be ideal, I would say the Severn but it's a bit patchy these days.

Anyone fancy organising it?

Btw, I'm out but might attend.

Ive done my bit but yes it would be nice for another fish inn

Last edited:
I dont mind organising one, if theres enough interest but would have to be june or end of september due to other commitments.

Jez

From what I heard you did a good job as well Dean, Time the northern boys had another go.

We have had a fish in up here in the northern wastelands for the last 7 years running Adrian . It will run again this year as the'' 8th annual Ousemeisters barbel challenge '' . As always it is open to all . As previous attendees will testify this is a fun event. No egos or spats allowed .:D If you want to actually catch any barbel , the giveaway is in the event title - challenge , the event venue is not the Trent . It's not just about catching fish though , it's just being there . Some who have attended in the past have had such a good time they can't even remember being there...

Last edited:
I dont mind organising one, if theres enough interest but would have to be june or end of september due to other commitments.

Jez

Do a Ribble one Jez in June, but a change of stretch from the BH one. ;) Perhaps a few of the ousemeisters might attend since they have been infiltrated from the west once or twice!

Do a Ribble one Jez in June, but a change of stretch from the BH one. ;) Perhaps a few of the ousemeisters might attend since they have been infiltrated from the west once or twice!

As long as theres beer and food involved I,m easy on the stretch, whether its the ribble or otherwise, got a nice stretch of the lower upper severn we could use as well.
You lot decide where you want it and if you want any money raised to go to whatever charity and if your happy for me to organise it i will do and i'll arrange as many prizes as i can for a raffle.

Jez

Good grief Gerry, where is the lower upper Severn, I'm thinking Montford Bridge perhaps?

Mike, I've seen the announcement a few times, I didn't realise fishing tackle was optional.

Spot on Ade, nice stretch pub at one end, cafe at the other and a few fish in between, perfect for a social.

;ez

I've not fished it for a few years but there was a time when I knew the stretch well Jerry. My wife lived at Montford Bridge when we started going out 35 years ago and her mother still lives there.
Coming from Shrewsbury myself I cut my teeth fishing round there as a teenager.

I've not fished it for a few years but there was a time when I knew the stretch well Jerry. My wife lived at Montford Bridge when we started going out 35 years ago and her mother still lives there.
Coming from Shrewsbury myself I cut my teeth fishing round there as a teenager.

Lovely bit of the world, spent a fair bit of time there this year, loved it shall be having many return trips this year.

Jerry

We have had a fish in up here in the northern wastelands for the last 7 years running Adrian . It will run again this year as the'' 8th annual Ousemeisters barbel challenge '' . As always it is open to all . As previous attendees will testify this is a fun event. No egos or spats allowed .:D If you want to actually catch any barbel , the giveaway is in the event title - challenge , the event venue is not the Trent . It's not just about catching fish though , it's just being there . Some who have attended in the past have had such a good time they can't even remember being there...

Yep that's me!

I can testify its a great event.

had many a good fish, right off the end of my tent behind the wigfield arms. a good spot for bivvy tent area. toilets, wash area etc.

sorry i mean under under the main road bridge (a5). also not too far to walk for a breakie.
last year i fished a small stick float on the shallows peg where they put the canoes in & caught umpteen barbel wieghing only ounces, mixed in with dace, chublets & trout par.

Back