• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter scenic photo voting

Vote for your favourite

• Andy Shaw

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • Geoff Blakesley

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Rhys Perry

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Stuart Wright

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Damian Kimmins

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Chris Fox

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Lewis Baldwin

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Steve Roffey

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Chris Ponsford

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Adrian Williams

Votes: 34 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the Winter Scenic Photo competition. There were loads of amazing entries so choosing these was extremely difficult!

Please voting for your favourite....

102_1567.jpg

Andy Shaw

DSC00199.jpg

Geoff Blakesley

P1000670.jpg

Rhys Perry

Winter1.jpg

Stuart Wright

051.jpg

Damian Kimmins

100_1599.jpg

Chris Fox

DSCF0435.jpg

Lewis Baldwin

IMG_0246.jpg

Steve Roffey

5251184418_cb6442ea7b_z.jpg

Chris Ponsford

IronbridgesnowChristmaseve2010016.jpg

Adrian Williams

Andy Shaw for me
It says it all
I am there I can feel the cold when i look at that photo (Fantastic).

Everyones a winner.

One of the best threads on the forum.

Thanks to all those who posted, i`ve really enjoyed looking at these photos.

Should keep this going all through the season, not as a competition, just for the enjoyment of others.

Wow, forgot about this...
Some amazing pics here and agree with us doing more scenic shot threads.
Someone pm'd me asking about emailing the pic to them but I have cleared my inbox and lost details, pm again and will sort it out as I cannot remember who it was..

Regards,

Andy.

Almost impossible to choose a winner they are all so good, but i went for Adrians, its the sort of picture that the more that you look at it the more you see.

Took the same pic as Andy, lovely scene on our local river, mine was a day or two earlier so not quite as much snow! All great shots but my fab is Steve Roffey's

Wooo Hooo, Looks like I won.........

Many thanks to all those who voted for my picture, I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where that type of picture is possible.

Technically Chris Ponsfords shot is probably the best but his camera strap probably cost more than my camera and as someone pointed out, he is a pro.

Had I not had an entry in the competition my vote would have gone to Andy, his picture was the inspiration which made me go out with my camera on Christmas eve and take that series of pictures.

Thanks again,

Ade

Congratulations Adrian ,fab shot and worthy winner:) ,as were many others.

All a bit of fun ,and certainly brightened my day looking at them .:)

Cheers,
Pons

Photo's

Hi Guys,
Thanks for submitting the photo's, the standard was excellent. Beats my head missing out of focus shots I reckon,:)
Regards,
Graham.

They were all worthy winners. Made me realise just what a wuss I was not going out!

Loved that one of yours Ade. I suppose one thing that swayed it for me was seeing that view many times through the summer and autumn so there was something to relate to. It was angry and moody yet serene.

Nice one Ade, had a nice 9lb 2oz off that spot back in the autumn while giving young Kris a free lesson:D:D

Congratulations Ade for winning the competition. Could you drop me an email at andyf@barbel.co.uk with your postal address so that I can send your prize (some BFW stuff and some bits of terminal tackle).

Thanks to everyone who entered :) I've really enjoyed seeing the shots appear. Looking forward to the spring now....

Cheers,

Andy F

I demand a recount, I only tied with Swiss!!:p

Seriously, well done Ade, yours was a cracking picture and Andy's of my old 'home' river was nice to see too. Thanks everyone for your votes and comments.

Back