• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter scenic photo competition

Some stunning pics guys:)

Here are my contribution from a short session on the Warks Avon today,

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0315.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0371.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0415.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

Amazing what a heavy frost can look like:eek:

I know there are a few but I couldn't choose a favourite:rolleyes:

Cheers Lewis:)

Quality photo's Lewis the one with the swan is nice. It was quite magical out on the banks today just seeing the frost fall off the branches of the trees showering the swim I was fishing was awesome. Kingfishers swans mallards big groups of Paridae (thats for the profanity filter) wrens all surrounding me in beautiful conditions. Plus some cracking roach and dace. Here are a few I kept in the landing net towards the end of my session.
07122010039.jpg
[/IMG]

My god if this going to be a competion, to many candidates too even draw up a short list but the picture of a snow bound Wandle is pretty special.:)

As for evoking the desire to get out on the bank, Pons's first pic of a cold looking Teme, Clive (Shippo's) frozen nearside raft and Lewis Baldwin's upstream weir shot take some beating.;):)

But Jason Hersey (sorry if mis-spelt) deserves an award just for being on the bank to catch his images:eek:, either that or a straight jacket and sectioning.:D

Last edited:
Some from the Severn today, I did try a few casts by the bush in the first picture but the floating ice eventually defeated me!
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

I'm sure Cronky will recognise where I was.

Quality photo's Lewis the one with the swan is nice. It was quite magical out on the banks today just seeing the frost fall off the branches of the trees showering the swim I was fishing was awesome. Kingfishers swans mallards big groups of Paridae (thats for the profanity filter) wrens all surrounding me in beautiful conditions. Plus some cracking roach and dace. Here are a few I kept in the landing net towards the end of my session.
07122010039.jpg
[/IMG]
what a great photo, those fish look fresh.

Posted the wrong pic! The pic above was last year this one was a couple of weeks ago! Anyway it is a regular ocurrence here at this time of year.
PB070047.jpg
[/IMG]

Some lovely shots on here lads, great thread, cheers.

Fist session for a couple of weeks this saturday, trotting for chub....can't wait!

Steve

Back