• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter Jacket

Steve Walker

As the weather is cold at the moment and forecast to get a lot worse over the next few days I wonder what our dedicated,hardy and intrepid members are wearing on the river bank to combat the elements.
I have had a few named jackets over the years and been reasonably pleased with them.This morning I bought one of these...................
http://www.meanandgreen.com/army/British_Army/New_British_MTP_Combat_Jacket_(PCS_Issue)/2110/3049.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=ProductFeed&gclid=CPfR-JePvdECFYU_GwodGIoCxg
off a local market for £40.
I've not been out in it yet but it looks and feels an impressive jacket.It's a loose fit so designed to layer up underneath,is windproof,waterproof,has an impressive sized hood and nice lined hand warming pockets.
If it was a designated angling jacket and had a named label I think it would have been a lot more expensive.It's also in camo so the fish wont be able to see me:D.
If it's good enough for the British army it's good enough for me.;)

On the subject there was a Goretex ski jacket in camou (size medium) at TK Max at Birstall for anyone in the vicinity. It had some sort of thermal lining in it, looked ideal for fishing and it was reduced to £68 or thereabouts. BARGAIN!

Back