• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter fishing

As a first season barbel beginner what can I expect now the weather has changed, and how should I change my approach? I prefer a roving approach using stick float at the moment

Thanks in advance

Use the search button to view any threads the late Keith Speer might have had an input on. The man was a mind of knowledge when it came to float fishing a real loss to the sport.

Thanks Clive. I was reading his excellent article on float fishing for barbel last night.

I did meet him once when I was tench fishing on one of the verulam ac waters and I've been fishing the upper Lea this season where you're never far from a story about him from one of his many friends who fish it. I went to the VAC stick float clinic that Keith Arthur did not long ago, it was something Keith started and Keith Arthur did in his place as a kind of memorial.