• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter bib & brace

ALDI .... all the way (when they have them in stock, which should be soon)

You can buy the bib and brace, and the jacket online from Aldi. I bought a spare pair of the salopettes a couple of years ago, but the ones I originally bought a year or two before have been so hard wearing , warm,and waterproof I have not needed to open them yet . The jacket is likewise a warm waterproof tough bit of kit . My best buys in the angling clothing market for a long time, and less than half the price of some branded gear.

C728AD01-F6E7-4523-AE86-36038AC6BA76.png

David

I like the wallet friendly look of those! Are the sizes a good guide? I normally go XL being 6ft 3in tall but not particularly wide.

Cheers

Steve

I like the wallet friendly look of those! Are the sizes a good guide? I normally go XL being 6ft 3in tall but not particularly wide.

Cheers

Steve
I will get a size guide from mine for you .
I Am 6 ft tall and 14 stone .

Jacket

21F0F1C3-8F36-4BA0-85B6-3C0861A5975D.jpeg

Salopettes.

9E6CEC28-9C34-4249-8F35-6365840A1DDC.jpeg

I am fairly sure that if you buy online and they dont fit you can get a refund from an Aldi store, but dont quote me on that . I bought something from an Aldi in Cornwall when I got home to Yorkshire it was not suitable so I took it into a local Aldi with the reciept and they took it back and refunded the cost.

David.

Last edited:
I will get a size guide from mine for you .
I Am 6 ft tall and 14 stone .

Jacket

View attachment 21332

Salopettes.

View attachment 21333

I am fairly sure that if you buy online and they dont fit you can get a refund from an Aldi store, but dont quote me on that . I bought something from an Aldi in Cornwall when I got home to Yorkshire it was not suitable so I took it into a local Aldi with the reciept and they took it back and refunded the cost.

David.
Fantastic. Many thanks David.

Steve,
I don’t want to take too much shine off but be aware the Aldi bib ‘n’ brace DOES NOT breath! Last autumn I yomped a fair distance up the bank of the Trent pushing a barrow of gear in drizzly weather. When I got to where I wanted I was as damp inside the gear as I was outside! I’m hot stuff !( no one else thinks so 🤣) but you should be aware if you are a very mobile angler. I still use the Aldi when I’m sitting around a lot but a breathable set if moving about a lot.
Size wise, I’m just over 6ft and just under 15 stone and wear the XL size.
Regards
Bill

I've got the Lidl bib and brace and so far I'm very pleased with it and a damn sight cheaper than my old esp one. Nice and warm and the fleece pockets are good.
20221016_165552.jpg20221016_165502.jpg20221016_165602.jpg

Steve,
I don’t want to take too much shine off but be aware the Aldi bib ‘n’ brace DOES NOT breath! Last autumn I yomped a fair distance up the bank of the Trent pushing a barrow of gear in drizzly weather. When I got to where I wanted I was as damp inside the gear as I was outside! I’m hot stuff !( no one else thinks so 🤣) but you should be aware if you are a very mobile angler. I still use the Aldi when I’m sitting around a lot but a breathable set if moving about a lot.
Size wise, I’m just over 6ft and just under 15 stone and wear the XL size.
Regards
Bill
Better to put your kit on after exercise, You probs know this, but sweat .Keep you cold...

Personally I found the Aldi salopettes exactly what you'd expect for the money, poor quality with the elastic straps stretching after very little use. I binned mine after about 6 wears.

I brought a tracker 3 piece set a few weeks back. I had an old Shakespeare set Iv had for years but hardly ever wore. Decided to stick them on the other week when it was windy and I was drenched by the time I got in the car from condensation. Brought the tracker set and first time using them was fine but last couple of times Iv had the same problem. And that’s just from me sitting there as well not walking about

Another vote for Aldi Salopettes - I'm 6'1" and 15stone - XL is roomy but perfect for additional layers etc. Agree with Bill however - if you're not fishing out of the back of your van and have got a yomp your best off strapping them to your rucksack and donning when static / you've reached your peg etc

Better to put your kit on after exercise, You probs know this, but sweat .Keep you cold...
Normally do Jon but was trying to keep my lower half dry in the drizzle and wet grass. Was a good reminder 🤣

I got the Snugpak Salopettes, warm as toast and breathable. I need the XXL due to my "fuller" figure, slightly long in the leg but very happy with them.

Another vote for the Vass salopettes. Very toomy up top and a little long in the leg (I'm a 33" inside leg) but tuck into wellies ok.

Back