• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wild Justice takes on Ofwat

Joe Winstanley

Senior Member & Supporter
Wild Justice the environmental campaigning organisation set-up by Chris Packham, Dr Mark Avery and Dr Ruth Tingay has announced today they are seeking a judicial review of Ofwat’s lack of action on sewage discharges.

Excellent news. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing them the very best of luck.

I view this as a double edged word. Fine if they stick to their advertised agenda , but as anglers we would not be on their Christmas card list methinks.
Plus Packham gets on my nerves irrespective of whatever he is fronting .

David

Why would we not be on their Xmas card list? As a child, Packham went fishing and it helped nurture his interest in wildlife.

As an example, Wild Justice have given no indication that they intend to challenge Natural England's Control of Fish Eating Birds licensing system. This is because its backed up by good science to help with conservation of native fish stocks.

Why would we not be on their Xmas card list? As a child, Packham went fishing and it helped nurture his interest in wildlife.

As an example, Wild Justice have given no indication that they intend to challenge Natural England's Control of Fish Eating Birds licensing system. This is because its backed up by good science to help with conservation of native fish stocks.
Save your breath Neil.

The grouse shooting industry funded astro-turf campaigns, along with the likes of the Daily Mail and Telegraph (both owned by Grouse shooters) have done so much mud-slinging against Chris Packham that sadly mud sticks. Simply for campaigning against the widespread and systematic persecution of hen harriers on Grouse moors.

I might add that I know for a fact Mark Avery isn't anti-angling, but many will simply refuse to believe it.

They admit the anglers are water lovers.
We need to raise £40,000 to cover the costs of this case so far. This is one of the most complex, expensive and important cases Wild Justice has taken. If you care about wildlife, if you are an angler, a surfer, a wild swimmer or any other type of water lover, we hope you agree and can help with a donation.

R.jpg

This is the Chinese symbol for people.
We need each other.

Back