• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Who's going to report

seeing the first poacher fishing out of season ?

Come on then someone must of seen one :rolleyes:

Why would they bother Nick? So that they can have more abuse and criticism hurled at them by the odd bunch of attention seekers that seem to be proliferating these days, those who delight in playing devils advocate and very publicly pretending to deny the very existence of much that blatantly IS going on under their noses?

Many local clubs (I can only speak for my area) have organised groups of volunteers to patrol their waters (rivers, canals and lakes) as regularly as possible, and have been doing so for the last two or three years, with no small measure of success, chasing off individuals and often bands of poachers. The quantity and variety of bizarre, often vicious set lines, nets etc, etc, that has been removed from the banks of rivers and lakes alike during this period has to be seen to be believed.

Fact is Nick, these guys will continue quietly doing what they feel needs doing, neither seeking nor expecting any thanks for the hours they put in, or the risks they take. Report back to you? Don't think so fella :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

I'll report to the EA anyone I see fishing rivers.

Always have, often having a quiet word first to see if they pack up .....if there's not too many of them.

WE all should.

Graham

Me too Graham. Take car reg numbers too.
Trouble is with only one EA man to approx 800 square miles, it's questionable as to it's effectiveness....?
We've got to do something though..

I Will always report too, I have the EA number on my mobile. If you don't report and they are poaching,taking fish its your right to report.

There was someone fishing on Meridian Tonight yesterday on the live? background footage at the side of the bridge, behind Fred Dinage. Not sure if it is tidal though or live!

It was our annual bank clearance day today and guess what? We had an angler 'spinning' on the opposite bank to ours (it's close season for non-migratory trout etc until the 24th inclusive in Yorkshire). He was told in no uncertain terms to desist. Indeed, if he hadn't moved on, our member would have readily waded across and enforced his request at close quarters!

Yes we must all be bailiffs and keep an eye on our local stretch! as foxy said the number is on the license put it in your mobile and if you see anyone use it....If they are weedy looking kick arse:eek:

Back