• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which rings?

Steve Roffey

Due to cracked/missing liners on the rod rings of my 1.75 Prodigy butt section I need to replace them, anyone know which rings Greys use on these rods so I can order some?

Probably they used a so called Sic-Lite. Some of these rings went through a bad patch in the past, with cracked and falling out liners.
Think they have solved the problem and Sic-Lites are just slightly higher price than Aluminium Oxide rings - so that should give you an idea. 'Proper' SICs are much more expensive 3 to 5 times the price.
I'd rather trust a good Aluminium Oxide guide than a 'Lite'.
You can get Sic-Lites here:
http://www.guidesnblanks.com/product/171/category/258

Hope this helps,
Bob

i use greys rods, and i think contact greys as their repair service is very good, if not look up a rod builder to restore your rods when damaged doesnt cost as much as you think...failing that ive got fuji sic on all my rods now including my custom torrix twin tip barbel, and my four torrix carp customs yes they are expensive, but my last set of sportex blanks are over 15years old now and still do the biz...good luck fella

Back