• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which Deeper?

Dave Quinn

Senior Member & Supporter
Has anyone got experience of using Deeper sonars? I'm going to buy one for help with a new big pit with lot of bars and weed.

Not interested in the fishing finding part of it, it would be for finding weed beds and bare patches, bars and deep areas, up to 70 yards

Any advice on which model would do the job?

Has anyone got experience of using Deeper sonars? I'm going to buy one for help with a new big pit with lot of bars and weed.

Not interested in the fishing finding part of it, it would be for finding weed beds and bare patches, bars and deep areas, up to 70 yards

Any advice on which model would do the job?
Mines a pro plus. Quite old now but does the job.
All models will do as you ask. The very latest top end chirp version is incredibly detailed compared to lesser older versions but they all show you the features, weed, depths and drop offs.
Don’t dismiss the fish finding aspect too quickly. One fundamental thing that I use my deeper for probably more than other things is finding shoals or pockets of roach or dace or Rudd etc in the depths of winter.

If your a pike angler and you fish dead baits, it will get you more runs by telling you where the bait fish are.

Mines a pro plus. Quite old now but does the job.
All models will do as you ask. The very latest top end chirp version is incredibly detailed compared to lesser older versions but they all show you the features, weed, depths and drop offs.
Don’t dismiss the fish finding aspect too quickly. One fundamental thing that I use my deeper for probably more than other things is finding shoals or pockets of roach or dace or Rudd etc in the depths of winter.

If your a pike angler and you fish dead baits, it will get you more runs by telling you where the bait fish are.
Thanks. Finding shoals of Roach on one of the big reservoirs I fish would be very helpful.

Thanks. Finding shoals of Roach on one of the big reservoirs I fish would be very helpful.
The chirp is definitely the best for showing intricate details. Sometimes mine has mistaken a shoal of bait fish for mid water weed but I’ve learned to adapt to that and have a cast anyway

Back