• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Where on the Middle Trent?

Hello All,

I'm looking for some guidance regarding day ticket stretches of the middle trent.

I would like to take my Dad somewhere for a chance of a double figure barbel. We would be travelling a decent way so would ideally like to bivvy up for a night.

I tried this early last year and booked us onto Kelham Hall but on the day the high river levels and bad weather made it difficult to fish so we never did the night and headed home instead.

From reading previous posts similar to this I was thinking maybe some of the less busy stretches at Collingham might be suitable? but I really don't know the area let alone the stretch. Does this sound like it fits the bill?

Also my Dad in his late 60's so would prefer somewhere without a huge walk from where we park although i could take my barrow.

Could someone local, or familiar with the area, point me in the right direction please

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Hello All,

I'm looking for some guidance regarding day ticket stretches of the middle trent.

I would like to take my Dad somewhere for a chance of a double figure barbel. We would be travelling a decent way so would ideally like to bivvy up for a night.

I tried this early last year and booked us onto Kelham Hall but on the day the high river levels and bad weather made it difficult to fish so we never did the night and headed home instead.

From reading previous posts similar to this I was thinking maybe some of the less busy stretches at Collingham might be suitable? but I really don't know the area let alone the stretch. Does this sound like it fits the bill?

Also my Dad in his late 60's so would prefer somewhere without a huge walk from where we park although i could take my barrow.

Could someone local, or familiar with the area, point me in the right direction please

Thanks in advance

Ryan
Why the middle mate there’s loads of river,there’s bobs island -A1 pits personally wouldn’t fish there myself-to busy but might give you a chance 👍

If you go after the weekend most places are devoid of anglers. I was at Burton Joyce the other day, looked great and day ticket too. Roadside parking too.

Thanks for the reply fellas,

I will bear Burton in mind and yes going in the week could be possible.

Ive never been to A1 but been to Bobs (on my own) a few times and though it would likely be too busy to get swims next/near to each other.

Are either of you familiar with Collingham? or any other suggestions

Thanks for the reply fellas,

I will bear Burton in mind and yes going in the week could be possible.

Ive never been to A1 but been to Bobs (on my own) a few times and though it would likely be too busy to get swims next/near to each other.

Are either of you familiar with Collingham? or any other suggestions
I read on Facebook someone at A1 had there pod and 2 rods n reels stolen in the night

although unless his pod was fixed with a tent peg its possible the lot could of been pulled in too I am amazed at how many people fish a tripod without a tether round to a peg in the ground only takes a moment ?

I read on Facebook someone at A1 had there pod and 2 rods n reels stolen in the night

although unless his pod was fixed with a tent peg its possible the lot could of been pulled in too I am amazed at how many people fish a tripod without a tether round to a peg in the ground only takes a moment ?

Yes, That's easily done i expect. Some of the pod set ups I see don't look to stable either.

I remember nearly losing a rod on the Warks Avon a long while ago. A duck flew into the rod tip and knocked it off the rest. Before I could grab it, the rod had completely disappeared into the water, only took a couple of seconds and it was out of sight. Luckily my friend snagged the line and managed to get it all back. I

I've not fished Collingham for a good few years but it is a big tidal river so depending on the tide you may need a lot of lead.
I have fished Burton Joyce a lot in the past and,while it does have barbel, they are not prolific.

Back