• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Whats this i see in the bristol avon 😁

Already in hand. 10's of thousands already gone into the Ouse and Ivel mate.
BTW, they (they who know no better) are already about to reintroduce pairs of white tailed sea eagles into Norfolk. These birds are from Poland.
I know some of the eagles that were introduced onto the Isle of White have taken up residence near longleat.
At this stage no complaints from me in that department, would love to see them in the wild.

I know some of the eagles that were introduced onto the Isle of White have taken up residence near longleat.
At this stage no complaints from me in that department, would love to see them in the wild.
No complaints from me either yet. The Ouse doesn't support their palate. 😄
They bloody dawf kites and buzzards. 😮

Already in hand. 10's of thousands already gone into the Ouse and Ivel mate.
BTW, they (they who know no better) are already about to reintroduce pairs of white tailed sea eagles into Norfolk. These birds are from Poland
'they who know better' - if you mean Roy Dennis then he generally does know better. Hard to think of anybody who is as knowledgeable and has achieved so much in his 60+ years at the forefront of species reintroductions. Living legend, up there with Attenborough in many peoples opinion.

Not sure what your point about Poland is? The WTE's that were reintroduced to Scotland came from Norway and obviously when reintroducing a species its a little tricky to source them locally..

I read a fair bit of US angling literature and beaver ponds are universally thought of as great, albeit temporary (years not months) features of any river system. Great fry refuges in the now rarer floods and a great place for fish to take up residence and grow far larger than in the river. Think what happened in Grafham, Rutland and Bewl etc when they were first flooded and the beavers do this for free every few years.
In my local river Colne some ponds were constructed to give some flood relief for fry, pre EE invasion, and the results were astonishing, surveys recorded fish density from a thousand fish a metre up in the river, including minnows, and the fishing was fantastic, quality chub, roach and dace and even some introduced Barbel did well.
Unfortunately the EEs ate a lot of the fish but have since deserted the river and there are no longer even any swims cut out. I really should get back down there in the winter. I'm sure the fish have made a comeback.

'they who know better' - if you mean Roy Dennis then he generally does know better. Hard to think of anybody who is as knowledgeable and has achieved so much in his 60+ years at the forefront of species reintroductions. Living legend, up there with Attenborough in many peoples opinion.

Not sure what your point about Poland is? The WTE's that were reintroduced to Scotland came from Norway and obviously when reintroducing a species its a little tricky to source them locally..
Saying they came from Poland meant just that, they came from Poland. Just as if they had come from Honolulu, I would have said, they came from Honolulu. Chill out fella. 😀

Back