• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What's happened

Graham can't have been this far up fishing , some of our North Yorkshire rivers are still frozen .You don't need a phrase book in Yorkshire David , most communication is none verbal , usual winks and nods , with the odd words like ''happen '' ,''aye '','' see thee '' will see you fine . Remember the golden rule of all Yorkshire folk '' hear all ,see all , say nowt '' :)

Graham can't have been this far up fishing , some of our North Yorkshire rivers are still frozen .You don't need a phrase book in Yorkshire David , most communication is none verbal , usual winks and nods , with the odd words like ''happen '' ,''aye '','' see thee '' will see you fine . Remember the golden rule of all Yorkshire folk '' hear all ,see all , say nowt '' :)

Shouldn't you add to that, spend nowt :D

I went as far as Nottingham. Got a nose bleed. But the Yorkies came down there.

I have fished with them a far few times and would say the most used phrase is
"Ow much"

Actually it is Gods country. And great fish and chips and half price beer.

Graham

Half price beer Graham?

I went into the pub in the next village to mine the other day and a pint of Guinness cost me £6.20p. HOW MUCH!!!??? Not going in there again. Loads of flash motors parked outside so I guess the jet setting pretty people have taken over.

i worked near leeds for 2 years, took me over a year constantly asking to find out what a coit was when one of the staff reckoned someone nicked his.
it eventually come to light it was his coat lol, another regular in the pub where i lived used to ask for a half a clog eel? see if you can guess what it was,
fished lots of carp waters up there and made lots of friends once they realised the furriner was ok lol.
nice to see you on the boards again Lee:)

Back