• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What line do you use ???

Which is where the use of rig tubing helps, not to pin the line down just for protection :)

regards
Richard

That told him!

Daiwa Sensor clear for me, never had any problems with it.

I have just Re spooled with some Ultima 15lb clear mono for a spot of Carping so we shall see how it fairs.

Only chose it as I could not get the Sensor in time.

Tom.

. Tom rig tubing wouldnt do a thing on the severn . So that not really told me lol. This just my thoughts on braid on the severn. no need take issue with me

Last edited:
can't see any reason to not use mono on the severn anyway, or reason to use braid.... never had any problems with nash bullet xt in 10lb

Powerpro for me, in 20lb bs. I've tried the Calcutta braid but it doesn't come close.. I always fish with a leader be it Amnesia or the Berkeley snides are good, I struggle to thread braid through rig tubing;)

Going to try fox steel camo this coming season anyone use it ? Does using mono on the severn mean trouble at the fishin Dean..?

Going to try fox steel camo this coming season anyone use it ? Does using mono on the severn mean trouble at the fishin Dean..?

No mate use mono on reel line Bud . Sam we talking about braid as main line mate. See you both at the fish inn

Back