• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What did you catch this weekend?

Paul Johnson

My mate and me had 7 chub up to 4.10. Which seemed a bit slow as the river looked perfect. Was wondering what others caught and what they were fishing for?:rolleyes:

Fishing for Zander and Pike.

Caught, Zander and Pike.
We had a dozen fish between two of us, aboard yamyam.
Best Zander was 9,4 to my boat partner for the day, Ben.
Nice considering it was his first of the species.

I had 5 Zeds and 3 Pike, including two on Jigs. Really pleased me as it was my first ever go at jigging for them.
One was around 5lb and the other closer 7...

We also managed to loose a few fish too.........

Steve

Sounds like a good session Steve!
Been thinking about doing some predator fishing for the last few season's but haven't managed to sort it out yet.
To many many chub to catch:D
No excuse really as I live within half hour drive of the Teme, W'Avon,Severn, Lugg and Wye and I know there all good for pike with Zander on 2 of them:eek:

]ust one stillwater Pike

picture.php

Out for another on Sunday

Last edited:
Dashed out Sunday to a local lake as the rivers were in the field!!
Feeder fishing while sat under the brolly watching the rain belt down even more and had an enjoyable day catching numerous roach with a dozen or so of about 12oz and two bonus fish of 1lb4oz and 1lb 14oz. Add to this a 4lbish pike on the float fished lobworm and all in all a good day was had even if the weather was not the best!!:rolleyes:

Perch, perch and more perch! Had a couple of hours on the canal Saturday morning as the weather forecast for Sunday was horrendous - and had 16½lb of perch made up of just 6 fish. 3 over 3lb - biggest 3lb 11oz. Sunday and the threathened monsoon never materialsed so it was off to the river in search of big dace - except the first 2 fish to take my trotted maggot were - yes - more perch; fish of 2-10 & 2-14. Did go on to get dace to 13oz, a 1lb + Kennet roach and a trio of chub to just under 4lb.....which was nice!

C.

Last edited:
I hope you lot did better than me for the BH w/e ! :(

Friday evening short 2 hr session travelling very light , local up to dark, thought my timing would miss the rain - WRONG. Blanked returned cold & wet

Saturday afternoon and a first this year all nighter Carping on the close season venue. Humped it down 12 hours solid . Blanked.

This afternoon up to dark back on the close season venue - this time with the remining deads out the freezer for a very late Pike. Blanked again.

I'm begining to wonder why I do this.:confused:

And it's about time we had some more piccies to oggle :D

Back