• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What Bivvy

David Potter

Hi all
I am thinking (Never thought I’d say this)of dipping my toes into a bit of Carp fishing during the close season which may involve staying on the bank over night in which case I would need a dreaded Bivvy so can I please have some reconditions ? Something not cheap and nasty but not top end either as it will only be used for occasional overnights but would also stretch to a week in France as a one off
Regards
Dave

You will really struggle to find better than the Fox Super Brolly or Super Brolly System for what you want.

Another vote for the Fox. Like you David I thought my nights on the bank were behind me but a couple of seasons back I got a ticket for the Trent. In order for me to get the best out of a 250 mile round trip I have to stay at least one night. The Fox Supa Brolly is a great bit of kit with loads of space. They now do a slightly smaller one based on a 50 inch rib I believe.

Wychwood Solace HD Brolley or Bivvy. Wychwood pushed the boat out with this design and material and that's why they offered the 5 year guarantee.

Dave

I have had a wychwood solace for 18 months now and its been superb imo. It goes up in seconds, glass ribs, well built, 5 year guarantee, 50 or 60 inch and quite a bit cheaper than the fox. Used for a few summer overnighters and with overwrap quite a few in the winter ones too. The fox is a great brolly too.

i also had one of the aqua low level brolly/bivvies with the spokes on the outside but was glad when me son nicked it , too low for me

Thanks guys for your advice .........I'm Looking now on eBay for some of your suggestions
It will be bite alarms next ! Oh god what am I doing !!!!
Dave

Back