• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

what bank sticks ???????????

I always use screw tip ones. Even when the mud is baked hard. Anyone know of a brolly pole with screw tip?

I have a 30 year old Screw in brolly spike, you cant have it! Just gonna measure the Dinsmores banksticks, against a brolly spike.....

OK, so the screw in Dinsmores banksticks, have the same size internal, as a brolly spike.....get a short one, screw it in, and slide your brolly spike into it. Job done!

You can have that tip for free!

Korum screw ins.....

Attachments

• 13533294_10154369236043112_1261071103032165047_n.jpg
    13533294_10154369236043112_1261071103032165047_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 269
UPDATE
after trying locally to buy some Fox stormpoles and finding most places were out of stock online and those that did have some the postage charges were expensive
BUT !
good old England Angling came up trumps yet again with an alternative

POST FREE !! AND DISCOUNTED 2 Avid Lok down 48" storm poles £28.78 delivered big smile !

UPDATE
after trying locally to buy some Fox stormpoles and finding most places were out of stock online and those that did have some the postage charges were expensive
BUT !
good old England Angling came up trumps yet again with an alternative

POST FREE !! AND DISCOUNTED 2 Avid Lok down 48" storm poles £28.78 delivered big smile !

They’ll probably be the same as the Korum ones been under the same umbrella. I have a couple of Korum ones and they are ok but the locking mechanism could clamp them a little tighter id say. They don’t take much pressure at all to extend or retract them accidentally. Not bad sticks though. They’ve lasted ok

Last edited:
They’ll probably be the same as the Korum ones been under the same umbrella. I have a couple of Korum ones and they are ok but the locking mechanism could clamp them a little tighter id say. They don’t take much pressure at all to extend or retract them accidentally. Not bad sticks though. They’ve lasted ok
I will let you know when I get them
but looking at pictures of the locking mechanism its a different design to the Korum ?
1602342577563.png

I bought two of the smallest and two of the longest a while ago and the locking mechanism on one of the short ones broke and doesn’t work if you put any pressure on it at all now, but for one reason or another I’ve since bought four more of the short sticks and they’ve all been fine. For the price they’re pretty good

I bought two of the smallest and two of the longest a while ago and the locking mechanism on one of the short ones broke and doesn’t work if you put any pressure on it at all now, but for one reason or another I’ve since bought four more of the short sticks and they’ve all been fine. For the price they’re pretty good
Dave are you talking about the Korum ones or the Avid ones ?

Back